NATO 75 Years GB Chat

The rollercoaster of RL is settling down now - I can see the modelling bench , the stash , the boxes of doom !!! , so by 2024 I will be in  position to start clearing those boxes of doom and join in a GB or 2 so count me in for this one :)

Edited by RJ-WobblyHands
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, DaveJL said:

Think I've narrowed my entry down to one of four:

Polish F-16

RAF Eurofighter

Spanish Eurofighter

Turkish F-4E

Decisions decisions!

Can anyone guess what I am going to suggest?  :wicked: 

• Haha 1

YAY !! Found part of the stash and some candidates  !!  -1/48  Zoukei Mura F4-J , Meng F15-E ,  Tamiya F14-D,  Airfix Canberra B.20 ,  Eduard/Hasegawa GR7/9 Harrier  or a 1/72 Airfix Shackleton 

I know the stash will have increased before April, with a Sky Pirate :)  and others ;) so more choices lol

• Like 2

On 11/16/2023 at 2:48 AM, Enzo the Magnificent said:

Can anyone guess what I am going to suggest?  :wicked: 

You're going to suggest he take some time to think it over, look at his calendar and real life commitments, draw a flow chart decision tree and refine that list of four down to one in an orderly process of decision making discipline, right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bianfuxia said:

take some time to think it over, look at his calendar and real life commitments, draw a flow chart decision tree and refine that list of four down to one in an orderly process of decision making discipline, right?

Britmodeller Group Builder's SOP

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bianfuxia said:

You're going to suggest he take some time to think it over, look at his calendar and real life commitments, draw a flow chart decision tree and refine that list of four down to one in an orderly process of decision making discipline, right?

It wasn't my first thought...

• Haha 4

Hi Enzo,  

Think l have  my build  Tamiya's 1/48th   F 16 C ,480th FS  Spangdaahlem AB 2020 , just got  to find  the difference  between  a F16C block  Tamiya  F 16 Cblock 40 and a 50 

Cheers  wellzy   

Edited by wellzy
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The perfect GB to start another Kinetic F-16 (well, actually there are four lurking) with a wide choice of schemes to choose from:

Polish Tiger Meet (2015 or 2018)

or from the NATO boxing; Norway, Netherlands, Belgium, Denmark

or Italian "Diana" using decals left over from the Eduard Ltd Edition boxing

or an Hellenic version.

Mike

• Like 1

On 20/11/2023 at 18:07, wellzy said:

Think l have  my build  Tamiya's 1/48th   F 16 C ,480th FS  Spangdaahlem AB 2020 , just got  to find  the difference  between  a F16C block  Tamiya  F 16 Cblock 40 and a 50 

As far as I'm aware, the Block 40 aircraft were optimised for ground attack and had a wide field HUD.  The Block 50 aircraft had a similar HUD to earlier jets. 

However, I'm not an expert.  Can anyone confirm this? 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

It looks like the NATO GB will be a dress rehearsal for the proposed 2025 F-16 STGB. Well, I am one of those who add a mental "=" between the Alliance and that aircraft :winkgrin:

An F-16 STGB in 2025?  The perfect excuse to buy a Kinetic Gold boxing 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Aha... @vppelt68   I noticed the very fine list with all the flags alongside our names...That's great.  I see that I have the French flag next to mine?  No offence to our Freres  Français, but I was born in Ireland to an American family and raised in the USA.  So would you be able to switch mine to the stars and stripes please?  

• Like 1

On 21/12/2023 at 22:09, John Masters said:

Aha... @vppelt68   I noticed the very fine list with all the flags alongside our names...That's great.  I see that I have the French flag next to mine?  No offence to our Freres  Français, but I was born in Ireland to an American family and raised in the USA.  So would you be able to switch mine to the stars and stripes please?  

You're free to choose which ever of the 31 nations and model anything in their inventory post joining the NATO. The flags are there just for decoration, although they also show the order of joining the Alliance (but when several nations founded it, and later several joined on the same date, those nations are in their alphabetical order). V-P

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

You're free to choose which ever of the 31 nations and model anything in their inventory post joining the NATO. The flags are there just for decoration

butbutbut...   I wanna build 'em all !   :lol:    

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Of course you do … we all have our obsessions and must acknowledge them. Please have a seat in the chair and we can discuss this. :drunk:

It's got nothing to do with my mother!  :lol: 

• Haha 3