Southern Europe GB Chat

Wez

Nothing planned or in the stash for this one Luke did offer me one of his 1/48 RF-4E Phantoms which has Greek Marking's but it's the Northern show tomorrow something that

would fit in nicely is on my want list if I can find one.

• Like 2

A NMF (Non Modelling Friend) gave me the newer Bristol Blenheim Mk.IVF kit.  If it were  Mk. I I would build it as 30 Sq in Greece...but also, it is not.  I see that Xtradecal has the marking for the Mk. IV/F for the SAAF in Libya, Portugal, and also the Free French (alas, in Chad, so that's out).  What say you all?

--John

22 hours ago, John Masters said:

Since both Croatia and pre-breakup Yugoslavia are allowed, I would like to add this too the mix...

52947403040_ceaf77ab7a_z_d.jpg

..with these markings.  Love the paint job.

52947474903_dd53dc61b1_z_d.jpg

--John

Nice choice

20 minutes ago, John Masters said:

A NMF (Non Modelling Friend) gave me the newer Bristol Blenheim Mk.IVF kit.  If it were  Mk. I I would build it as 30 Sq in Greece...but also, it is not.  I see that Xtradecal has the marking for the Mk. IV/F for the SAAF in Libya, Portugal, and also the Free French (alas, in Chad, so that's out).  What say you all?

--John

The Portuguese option would be great!

15 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Nothing planned or in the stash for this one Luke did offer me one of his 1/48 RF-4E Phantoms which has Greek Marking's but it's the Northern show tomorrow something that

would fit in nicely is on my want list if I can find one.

Keep your eyes peeled Steve, I'm sure something will jump out at you

I have a pile of Italian aircraft to build:

* 3x Sword Fiat G.55 (three very different schemes)

* RS Models Reggiane 2005

* FROG Macchi 202

* Italeri Macchi 205 (too late a kit for the classic Italian GB)

I have an Ark Royal on the go in the NMCZ GB that is proving to be (duh!) a rather uncomfortable experience and a planned excursion into the Entropy GB with a complex build, but otherwise I'm hoping to spend the rest of the year building as many of the above (and some classic Italeri and Supermodel kits) as I can fit in. Oh, and a Thunderbolt.

So I would like to start with building the trio of G.55s - I built a couple of P-38s mostly in parallel last year and that seemed to work well - and if they work out I will add another build or two. 

Apologies for not expressing an interest earlier.

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, AdrianMF said:

Apologies for not expressing an interest earlier.

Adrian, it matters not, all that matters is that you're expressing an interest now.

28 minutes ago, AdrianMF said:

So I would like to start with building the trio of G.55s - I built a couple of P-38s mostly in parallel last year and that seemed to work well - and if they work out I will add another build or two. 

I'll settle for the G.55s, anything else is a bonus.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've recently joined the forum and fancy taking part in this group build. I have a 1/72 Airfix Spitfire Mk Vc on the list I'm planning to build as BR294 GL-E a 185 Squadron Malta aeroplane. It'll be a straightforward out of the box build.

Is it still possible to enter this build?

Screenshot-20230403-222322-Chrome.jpg

I'm guessing it's the same as other group builds I've done with a progressive photo build and reveal in the gallery?

• Like 5

5 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

* 3x Sword Fiat G.55 (three very different schemes)

* RS Models Reggiane 2005

* FROG Macchi 202

* Italeri Macchi 205 (too late a kit for the classic Italian GB)

We might need to give Enzo one of his pills when he sees that list ! :whistle:

Good luck Adrian 

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Jordan Giddins said:

I've recently joined the forum and fancy taking part in this group build. I have a 1/72 Airfix Spitfire Mk Vc on the list I'm planning to build as BR294 GL-E a 185 Squadron Malta aeroplane. It'll be a straightforward out of the box build.

Is it still possible to enter this build?

Screenshot-20230403-222322-Chrome.jpg

I'm guessing it's the same as other group builds I've done with a progressive photo build and reveal in the gallery?

The GB hasn't started yet, it starts next Saturday and runs to the 1st of October, you're in time and you have plenty of time.

Your Malta based Spitfire is eligible for the GB so come and join us, and you're right about how the GB progresses.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Wez said:

The GB hasn't started yet, it starts next Saturday and runs to the 1st of October, you're in time and you have plenty of time.

Your Malta based Spitfire is eligible for the GB so come and join us, and you're right about how the GB progresses.

Thanks for the reply, I'm looking forward to taking part 👍

• Like 1

17 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

There never seems to be enough of them around here...

12 hours ago, Jordan Giddins said:

I have a 1/72 Airfix Spitfire Mk Vc on the list I'm planning to build as BR294 GL-E a 185 Squadron Malta aeroplane. It'll be a straightforward out of the box build.

Sounds good!

• Like 1

On 6/3/2023 at 10:42 AM, John Masters said:

Since both Croatia and pre-breakup Yugoslavia are allowed, I would like to add this too the mix...

52947403040_ceaf77ab7a_z_d.jpg

..with these markings.  Love the paint job.

52947474903_dd53dc61b1_z_d.jpg

--John

Just my kind of thing! It would make a great addition to the GB, John! :)

Looking at the proposed entries so far Greece, Spain, Malta and Italy are well represented, we've even got entries for Albania, Yugoslavia and Austria-Hungary so I'm well pleased.

The GB starts on Saturday, hopefully we'll see the other countries get represented in the coming weeks.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Wez said:

The GB starts on Saturday

Aaaaaaaaarrrrggghhhhh!  How did that come around so quickly?!  I've got a bench full of half-built kits to get through before then!

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Spain seems to be leading the field so far …… 

Must compensate by building something from my home Country... 🤣🤣🤣

That I will sure do ! I wouldn't mind adding something from some other country too. Among my long term plans is a Macedonian Su-25 but I see that this country is not in the list, even if it was part of Yugoslavia.... what's the moderator view on this ?

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Giorgio N said:

That I will sure do ! I wouldn't mind adding something from some other country too. Among my long term plans is a Macedonian Su-25 but I see that this country is not in the list, even if it was part of Yugoslavia.... what's the moderator view on this ?

I reckon Macedonia is as "Southern Europe" as Greece, Giorgio! :). Certainly on the basis that Bosnia qualifies! However, I look forward to something Italian!!!!

Edit: I fancy doing an Italian F-51D :)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JackG said:

Macedonia is on the list of countries and their flag is on the GB badge as well.  It looks like a yellow sun w/rays on a red background.

255px-Flag_of_North_Macedonia.svg.png

Thanks for confirming ! I was sure I had seen the flag on the banner but didn't read the name... I must be getting old...

33 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

I reckon Macedonia is as "Southern Europe" as Greece, Giorgio! :). Certainly on the basis that Bosnia qualifies! However, I look forward to something Italian!!!!

Edit: I fancy doing an Italian F-51D :)

An Italian Mustang always looks good ! You probably remember mine, or better my second attempt... that I could have not completed without your help !

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Giorgio N said:

Sorry Giorgio

If I get the Vildebeest finished quickly I promise to build something Italian  :like:

Cheers Pat 

• Like 2