Modelling Nightmare A 1/48 Hampden

Seem to have a glitch with posting the pics

WP_20180707_18_47_02_Pro

Okay, it's working now

The ribbing will go well after the rear turret

WP_20180707_18_47_24_Pro

The Fonderie interior is TOTALLY wrong so I do a new one helped with the photos taken at Cosford

Some view of the dashboard

WP_20180707_18_46_56_ProWP_20180707_18_46_45_Pro

The wing slot have been blanked off

WP_20180707_18_47_36_Pro

Now especially for the tentacled one @Martian Hale

Some Fonderie adjustments

WP_20180707_18_48_02_Pro

one can note that my scratchbuilt parts are joining almost well

The half fuselages will promise some putty sanding and putty again followed by more sanding.

The Spitfire Mk VII will be finished before the Flyingsuitcase for sure !!

Hope that you enjoy it.

regards

BS103

• Like 14

Nice work Pierre but please tell me that you don't have a stash of FM kits like Corsaircorp! We don't want to have to turn the whole of Belgium into a padded cell and @Mike is already tearing his hair out as to where he is going to get enough shrinks from.

Concerned of Mars 👽

• Haha 3

Hey, that's great Pierre, I hoped you would. I'll post some pictures of mine tomorrow, just to prove I've done something with the blasted thing, (along with my battle with the Battle!). Yes, sadly the Hampden's interior is largely a work of fiction and so like you, the whole thing is being scratchbuilt...very, very slowly!:snail:

• Like 2

You are a brave men for starting this built..

I happened to have the same kit and a vacvorm ..

The Contrail one was exactly the same, so i am convinced Fonderie did a copy of the contrail one and added more detail (read flash, annoyance and much more that didn't help🤣)

Cheers, Jan 

Edited by janneman36
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, janneman36 said:

You are a brave men for starting this built..

I happened to have the same kit and a vacvorm ..

The Contrail one was exactly the same, so i am convinced Fonderie did a copy of the contrail one and added more detail (read flash, annoyance and much more that didn't help🤣)

Cheers, Jan 

Hello Jan,

You're almost right Jan ! As I did have contact with the guy who made most of the masters for Fonderie !

Their kits were a poor improvement of Vac formed kits.

Except for the french machines.... But the result was not better...

We did have the masters of a 1/48 Stirling inspired from the Sanger one...

It would have been a nightmare too ! With a fuseage cut in 4 parts, one can imagine how hard it would have be to build it !!

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

Nice work Pierre but please tell me that you don't have a stash of FM kits like Corsaircorp! We don't want to have to turn the whole of Belgium into a padded cell and @Mike is already tearing his hair out as to where he is going to get enough shrinks from.

Concerned of Mars 👽

With all these hairs teared we could do some brushes for the painting of a certain bridge ??? Huh ???:rofl2::rofl2:

The padded cell can be usefull in a few days....

Now, you know why we have rocket fuel in this country !!😜😜

But the question is.... Did the rocket fuel sustain us in the building of Fonderie kit ??

Or do we start Fonderie kits because of the rocket fuel ??????? 🤔

Whatever ! I think that it's the first time that so much Fonderie kit are in WiP at once !!

May be a second Alize ??? in a few hours ???

Have a very nice sunday my Dear ETI

Sincerely.

CC

• Haha 1

I don't know about the other kits as i was just talking about the Hampden..

At least they tryed and gave us a basis to work from but a torpedo Hampden would be very welcome out of the hands of Airfix in this scale and the other one TRUE scale!!

This only to avoid that not only the Belgians and Dutch go into the padding...maybe some Brits too!!!

I am going to do some breakfast now..

Cheers and enjoy the day,  Jan

P.S. Should we start a Fonderie group build as it is Fonderie season!!!

Edited by janneman36
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, janneman36 said:

P.S. Should we start a Fonderie group build as it is Fonderie season!!!

Now see what you have done CC!

Martian 👽

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Martian Hale said:

Now see what you have done CC!

Martian 👽

You should be the President of a Fonderie Kit SIG.....  :rofl2:

Now, I'll be throwed out of the solar system...:whistle::whistle:

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I have built one.......took me over six years to complete putting it away getting it back out again, a very challenging kit to be sure,  one that you seem to be taming! looks great so far looking forward to seeing this progress, i commend you big time for your dedication 

I have a few F.M kits still on the stash, Vatour's, Alize, Halifax (started), Mystere, Flamant , Grumman Tiger, Grognard ( started) all i need is three more lifetimes !

Cheers

Heres my effort......i still look at it and say ''come on Airfix''

• Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, Mike said:

:hmmm: What is this 'hair' of which you speak?

The thought had occurred to me but I thought I would let you raise the matter!

Martian 👽

• Haha 1

What is sane.....

That fonderie thing is getting a own life....

As for the group build, who makes the lest worse Fonderie model gets one of his/her choice for free ( a Fonderie that is)

Edited by janneman36
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

Concerned of Mars 👽

Hi Martin

Thank you for the kind words I have a halifax  FM/sanger Merlin engines from Sanger and the Tollerton nose( scrathbuild) and the Hampden on the workbench I have only one another FM Kit ( Dornier 24 T) it s enough for my mental health.

Just to say I don't follow the CC s  bicolours way of life for these two builds.

Pierre

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, general melchett said:

Hey, that's great Pierre, I hoped you would. I'll post some pictures of mine tomorrow, just to prove I've done something with the blasted thing, (along with my battle with the Battle!). Yes, sadly the Hampden's interior is largely a work of fiction and so like you, the whole thing is being scratchbuilt...very, very slowly!:snail:

Hi Andy

Yes its a longtime build and the interior is a full  scratchbuilt  For the Battle I ll resume it  later after Halifax and Hampden 

• Like 2

Managed to get a bit more done on the 'frying pan' today, appropriately outside in the sunshine...I know, crazy with all this heat, luckily it didn't warp, (well, not that anyone would notice, might even have improved it!) although had to finish early to watch the British GP with a few friends.

Talking of FM's I also have the Halifax to do, (which will be a 100 Group RCM aircraft) and a 50% completed SNASCO Griffon II...nice kit of an amazing aircraft.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, general melchett said:

I'll post some pictures of mine tomorrow, 

Noooooooo! :frantic:

3 hours ago, janneman36 said:

What is sane.....

That fonderie thing is getting a own life....

As for the group build, who makes the lest worse Fonderie model gets one of his/her choice for free ( a Fonderie that is)

And the second place gets to choose two Fonderie kits! :evil_laugh:

Martian 👽

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm sorry Martian but that was the agreement made with Pierre, ....it was a case of 'I'll show you mine if you show me yours'...(well that's the line Darling fed me anyway!) 

Noooooooo!:frantic: 

Luckily I was too hot and bothered fighting sporadic grass fires on the lawns of M Towers to take any piccies today so you were spared......... at least for now:P 

And the second place get to choose two Fonderie kits! 

Now, you're being very unkind to these FM gems...you've obviously never tackled a Unicraft kit without the aid of an NBC suit!

• Haha 4

14 hours ago, general melchett said:

and a 50% completed SNASCO Griffon II...nice kit of an amazing aircraft.

Hat off for the General !!

Did you have a WiP for the Griffon ??

As I start mine now, it will be great...

I think the more challenging part will be the representation of that really particular engine....

If my memory did'nt fail, The atar is hanging on the center of the Stato's pipe...

I must have some pics from Le Bourget but now finding it is another challenge (more than 6000 slides...)

14 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

Noooooooo! :frantic:

And the second place gets to choose two Fonderie kits! :evil_laugh:

Martian 👽

Poor Dear tentacled one....

You're now engulfed in Fonderie kit !

Just like Poker.... Are you steppin' up ??  :evil_laugh::evil_laugh:

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Norman said:

I have built one.......took me over six years to complete putting it away getting it back out again, a very challenging kit to be sure,  one that you seem to be taming! looks great so far looking forward to seeing this progress, i commend you big time for your dedication 

I have a few F.M kits still on the stash, Vatour's, Alize, Halifax (started), Mystere, Flamant , Grumman Tiger, Grognard ( started) all i need is three more lifetimes !

Cheers

Heres my effort......i still look at it and say ''come on Airfix''

Norman - Congratulations on making a very nice model from a FM kit - photos look great

CJP

• Like 1

On 7/8/2018 at 7:24 AM, BS103 said:

Hello,

Seemingly, it's a Fonderie season....

So here especially for the @general melchett a thread about my Hampden...

And some news from the front !

The interior is completely scratchbuild

Great start & scratch building - looks like it will be a long haul but worth it after looking at Norman’s build - looks like an impromptu FM support group has started on BM

CJP

• Haha 2

Always ready to support a Hampden build. :thumbsup2: 

Having no experience with Fonderie stuff myself I sense a somewhat cool tenor to some of the informed comments above that leads me to suspect that they might be an enjoyably masochistic experience.

The kit - not the correspondents - obviously...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3