2016 Revell releases

aukebruins

• 1 month later...

Concerning Revell releases...

Where are all Matchbox moulds today? What Matchbox kits do we want to se again?

For sure I want to get the hands on the Walruss. And for nostalgic reasons also the Matchbox P-51D Mustang (far more better than the old Revell kit).

And please make them in the old different plastic colours...

/André

Guys, don't forget that Revell is going to release the H145M, which is a beautiful chopper!So in a certain way they are innovative, but not so much. And even though they have given us a possibility to express our opinions and wishes, it seems they don't care about that.

I remember a list as long as my arm of new possible kits, and again we don't see real tools (except the former i mentioned).

I'm losing hope...

04948-H145M-KSK-DRF-BP-c-U.-Taubert.jpg

But i'd like to see also this

IMG_5299.jpg

and this

18499797004_0e94a41581_b.jpg

maybe one day... :analintruder:

Edited by OverTorque
  • Like 1

It seems to be the same old thing over and over. Grey battleships, reissues, cars and aeroplanes that have been done by other manufacturers.....often many times. Nothing new and inspiring.

McLaren 570S? This is awesome but as pretty much everyone on britmodeller doesn't care about cars I'm not surprised this has been overlooked.

• Like 1

McLaren 570S? This is awesome but as pretty much everyone on britmodeller doesn't care about cars I'm not surprised this has been overlN

No i love car kits too and will definitely get the MCLaren and the Jagermeister Porsche (Are we sure they are`nt Tamiya tools?) and the Mercedes AMG!! Going to be a good year for Auto modellers!!

• Like 2

McLaren 570S? This is awesome but as pretty much everyone on britmodeller doesn't care about cars I'm not surprised this has been overlooked.

I love cars and have built many car models but that Mclaren is like a lot of new supercars. They bring them out and the model companies go ballistic over them. I know it's a kit but there's a million pre made diecasts of that around for a start (or so it seems anyway). What about something like a MkIII Cortina etc? Or some other cars that haven't really been done before in plastic or diecast.

The only half decent diecast of that Cortina is the Vanguards one. Apart from that pretty much nothing.

• Like 2

No i love car kits too and will definitely get the MCLaren and the Jagermeister Porsche (Are we sure they are`nt Tamiya tools?) and the Mercedes AMG!! Going to be a good year for Auto modellers!!

If it isn't the Tamiya one then why bring out another kit of it in the same scale when the Tamiya one is perfectly good? This is the type of thing that gets people questioning model companies releases.

Single seat 1/48th Typhoon is back,and the 1/32 Super Hornet sounds interesting?

Good news on both counts - especially the Typhoon. Hope it still comes with the original decal options and, the huge selection of ordnance as the original release. The 1/32 Hornet is appealing. Future release on the Big H at £69.99. Massively cheaper than the opposition!! Other than that, bit of a yawn fest - at least for me !

Allan

Edited by Albeback52

I'm definitely in for the 1/48 Bronze Tiger Typhoon, the 1/32 F/A-18 is interesting but I'd have been more excited had it been an twin seat F/A-18F.

I was hoping we might have seen a Tornado F3 in 1/48 however, and I wish the Twin seat Gripen were in 1/48, or even 1/32.

There is something that confuses me. People are excited to see Revell bring out a large scale F18. It may be good, but do we really need to get excited by another Hornet? What about releasing a as yet produced kit? Why are we praising them? And let's not forget the hash they made of the Spitfire.

If it isn't the Tamiya one then why bring out another kit of it in the same scale when the Tamiya one is perfectly good? This is the type of thing that gets people questioning model companies releases.

Because a Tamiya kit makes no money for Revell.

There is something that confuses me. People are excited to see Revell bring out a large scale F18. It may be good, but do we really need to get excited by another Hornet? What about releasing a as yet produced kit? Why are we praising them? And let's not forget the hash they made of the Spitfire.

Its a popular model, Revell want to make money, they will sell what they can to do this.

No point gambling on the Fairey Fruitbat XXII float plane if they perceive no market for it.

Julien, I think you miss the point. I was bemoaning the lack of innovation from Revell. The marketplace is what you make it. Be bold and the rewards will follow. I'm afraid we are surrounded by sheep model companies who lack any gumption or willingness to create demand.

• Like 2

Except that companies such as Revell and Airfix don't aim for modellers such as those found on here. They aim for the mass market appeal and sales and as a result will go for what Joe public knows and wants. To call them "Sheep model companies" is quite insulting and suggests that they don't know what they're doing, clearly a false statement as these models do sell and in large numbers.

• Like 2

Revell, both in Europe and in the USA has the best retail network in the business, they can make whatever they want and they will at least recouperate investement in toolings if not make them healthy profit.

Super Hornet makes sense, premier Navy fighter here to stay 20+ years, will be cheaply priced in the USA, be 30% more priced in Europe.

But Jas-yes, you are right, unfortunately it has all to do with poor menagement that decided that core Business should take

second place to RC and popular franchise products...unfortunately It will get worse, few months ago I had my own rant about Revell after Hobbico takeover, think we will have to wait for some future owner for good News about the brand...

Charlie. I stand by my comment. To give you an example, both Tankom and Tamiya go out and produce a Male WW1 tank. Several produce the previously mentioned F18 within a short period of time. Let's not forget, in this crazy hobby of ours, I'm sure I remember that I am the consumer. Lee Icona once said 'give them what they want!' Well, a simple examination of this beloved site shows that, for instance, we are crying out for a new P47 and Hurricane in mainstream IM in 1/32nd. But do we get one? The 1/48th Monogram B17/24/25/29 are 40 year old moulds. Is there no profit in producing new ones? Would they not sell? My point is we are been treated like Mushrooms. We are kept in the dark and fed on poo!

at a time in hobby when were seeing more and more manufacturers pop up with more and more subjects, many of them new and interesting, with announcements months in avoidance with featurettes of the toolings, sprues and what not again months in advance, I find the statement were muchrooms in the dark being fed poo a bit irksome, just because your particular X, Y and Z kits aren't being done .....

• Like 1

The 1/48th Monogram B17/24/25/29 are 40 year old moulds. Is there no profit in producing new ones? Would they not sell?

Only if they would cost the same as the existing obsolete tooling.

If you've noticed many modellers wanted a new tool P-61 and when two of them arrived the general reaction (OK by Hyperscale's "Plane Talking" members but these represent the main target market for those kits) was "Are they insane? Why would I pay $80s for a P-61 when I can a Mono one for only $20."

I am 100% sure that newly tooled kits of the four engined heavies, no matter how well detailed/accurate would not sell unless they would be dirt cheap.(Unlikely)

And answering Thomas V.s previous post, Revell may have the best distribution network in US/EU but even that can't make people buy a kit they don't want (case in point Ju-52/PBY).

Hopefully now Revell US are in charge they'll follow the Super Bug with a new tool 32nd F-16 family. As lovely as the Tamiya kit is, it's very pricey, the Academy kit is rather inaccurate and both are limited in versions. A nice modular Viper family from the A up to the block 60's at Revells pricing would be a licence to print money. ;)

• Like 2