RF-101C Voodoo

This is Hasegawa's old kit of the beautiful RF-101C.

It's an old kit, very basic by todays standard, but a nice little kit all the same.

The panels lines comprise of fine raised lines, but I engraved them anyway.

The only extra I added was an Airfix pilot, because he has a helmet more like the old style worn in the late 50s, early 60's.

I used Humbrol Polished and Matt Aluminium to do the metal finish and the decals are the kits which though they looked a bit ropy, worked well, until I tore the "U S AIR FORCE" on the starboard side.

A quick troll through the spares box and I found similar sized decals, but they were black not blue, so I just replaced the damaged letters.

100_2415.jpg

print screen windows xp

100_2416.jpg

screenshot

100_2413.jpg

photo storage

100_2410.jpg

pc screen shot

100_2409.jpg

windows screenshot

100_2414.jpg

screenshot windows 7

100_2412.jpg

online photo storage

100_2411.jpg

picture share

Thanks for looking :)

• Like 5

Why don't you post proper sized pics like everybody else, I wonder.

When I click on any of your thumbnails, I get a log in/upload page @ Postimage.org. :mental: Useless.

Kind regards,

Joachim

Nope, no images for me either.

Loads of lovely Voodoo pics for me! ;)

Really love Voodoos & no you can't have too many Voodoos. In fact I don't think you see enough in 1/72.

I've got the exact same kit, and it does look really nice. Just love to see those early birds with all that snazzy color on aluminum.

Mart

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments guys, greatly appreciated.

For those who can't see the pics, don't know what to say, most people seem to be able to see them ok.

Thanks again. I do like the Century Series, and I might have to make a collection of them! :)

Thanks for the comments guys, greatly appreciated.

For those who can't see the pics, don't know what to say, most people seem to be able to see them ok.

Thanks again. I do like the Century Series, and I might have to make a collection of them! :)

I'm with you there! Recently picked up the Squadron book titled "Century Series" by Lou Drendel. Superb illustrations in there. Only thing is when you start to really get into a subject, you find that in order to make certain versions such as the A or C model, you need a resin nose. Which is very hard to find.

Mart

• Like 1

Mart,

I have had that book in my collection for well over twenty years!

I just love it, especially the colour illustrations. It is a very inspirational book.

In that time I have regularly taken off the shelves and had a read through thinking "I have got to build some of these!"

I have an F-100, and F-106 in my stash, and with Meng's new F-102 I think the time is right for a Century Series project.

Mart,

I have had that book in my collection for well over twenty years!

I just love it, especially the colour illustrations. It is a very inspirational book.

In that time I have regularly taken off the shelves and had a read through thinking "I have got to build some of these!"

I have an F-100, and F-106 in my stash, and with Meng's new F-102 I think the time is right for a Century Series project.

Hmmmm!!! :)

I've also got that Meng F-102A. The box and the art just exudes quality doesn't it?!!

Totally agree about a Century Series project. I wonder if there's been a group build on here, must have been elsewhere, especially on ARC.

Currently looking for some decent scale plans of the F-101A as I'm going to do a scratch nose for it in 1/72 instead of waiting around until I find a resin one. I've recently won an Aerodecal set which has markings for one of the colorful Bentwaters birds.

Mart

• Like 1