Sea Venom FAW 53 WZ-897

NAVY870

I've recently begun the restoration of this aircraft and would like to know if members are interested in regular updates on the progress of the restoration. This is the aircraft featured in the Classic airframes kit.

_5256856_zpsc5fdd6bc.jpg

_5256873_zps3219c118.jpg

Just got out my 1/32 Matchbox Sea Venom, so yes.. more photos of your 1/1 scale model would be very useful..

By the way, that looks like a Lincoln nose in the background. What are those wings behind it and where is this museum?

Cheers.. Dave

A little bit of progress. I've started cleaning out the cockpit, truely amazing whats lurking around in there.
I've found more than a few data plates, lamp lenses and fittings buried in the muck on the floor, it looks like they were
dropped when the pit was stripped.
Little bit cleaner

_9287851_zps343a6cbf.jpg

One of the biggest issues is the right side wall and rear bulkhead have been stripped and some kind soul has side cutted all
the wiring looms between the voltage regulators on the aft shelves. Luckily a lot of the wiring is still there though some of the plugs have
been pulled apart. No idea why but its one major bun fight.

_9287866_zpsdf300f3e.jpg

I thought it might be a good idea to go on a shopping expedition. The collection of aircraft parts the Thomas's amassed over the years has become the stuff of legend, how its been stored is another thing.
So after several hours of battling dodgy shelving poor lighting assorted eight legged monsters and mountains of rat crap I managed to scrounge all of the rear bulkhead parts and a fair percentage of the console.

_9287856_zpse9bd98b9.jpg

_9287859_zpsfad5dcb6.jpg

_9287860_zps595a02ab.jpg

_9287863_zps08c8a838.jpg

Most of the parts came from WZ-905, the last shot shows a complete pair of voltage regs and fuse boxes with the wiring intact.
This will allow me to slide the damaged ones out and do a straight swap. I've also located most of the radar black boxery and even the fuel

tank spanner that sits on the cockpit side wall.

Low point of the day was knocking a large hydraulic component of the top shelf and catching it with my shin!