Gloster Gladiator "Alsace" - Airfix 1 72

Because of the heat (and lack of time first of all) I will be not able to finish my Blenheim in time. So I took my long-time project and I managed to finish my Gladiateur. Xtradecal decals, Tamiya TS-30 applied with my trusty airbrush.

Thank you for looking.

gl8_zps4ms2pnfo.jpg

gl4_zpsmti2l2y3.jpg

gl9_zpsfdaywttm.jpg

gl3_zpshm2dpudj.jpg

• Like 28

Lovely! That set of markings is on my to-do list from the Xtradecal set. Thanks for sharing, that's a smashing piece of work.

Hi Chris, as I’m a lazy boy I simply used "Burnt Iron" of Gunze. Then the lip was drybrushed with silver and some diluted clear orange (Tamiya) wash was applied.

Very nice build and interesting camo. Can you tell a bit about the markings, unit, any history behind? I expect that she is from East Africa, perhaps.

Cheers

Jerzy-Wojtek

EDIT:

OK I found:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Iliad-Decals-1-48-GLOSTER-GLADIATOR-FIGHTERS-IN-NORTH-AFRICA-/191239767803

Edited by JWM

Hi Chris, as I’m a lazy boy I simply used "Burnt Iron" of Gunze. Then the lip was drybrushed with silver and some diluted clear orange (Tamiya) wash was applied.

Well it looks real good to me. Too many people use bright bronze or copper. I like your better. It looks more real.

Chris