1/72 Vildebeest Frrom/MPM

Redboost

Definitely not, its Azur (i.e. made by MPM) tooling.

There has been cross-polination before - the Sword Fairchild 91 was released by Azur as well, and AZ now seem to release a lot of old Sword tooling.

Time will tell, but I guess you are closer to it than we are!!

It will be cheaper than resin!

I wonder if a Vincent is in the pipeline as well?

Edited by Dave Fleming

Why is it in the AZUR FRROM range? No French or Romanian links I can remember. For exotica there was Spanish use, but with Hispano engines.

Sword's business model seems to be to make the tools, push out a run and then sell the tools on. Presumably this is more interesting than churning out repeat runs, and perhaps brings the money in earlier thus helping with the cash flow for the next tool.

Edited by Graham Boak

Well, Graham, I would suggest most people do not care whether FRROM or Special Hobby, they just simply enjoy there is a state of the art plastic kit of this beast. I'm going to buy at least two, hope there will be enough left for me. What about you?

Sometimes the model bussines is run under odd circumstances that we, as final consumers, can not even guess.

Cheers

Libor

Why is it in the AZUR FRROM range? No French or Romanian links I can remember. For exotica there was Spanish use, but with Hispano engines.

Nor had the Fairchild 91, but I suspect the SCW link may be appropriate, as Azur seem to have a liking for that (e.g. Polikarpov I-15) - but it looks like the Azur range is used for the 'classic' era stuff more than MPM or SH.

Either way, an IJ moulded Vildebeest!!!

Now can we have a Wapiti please?

There doesn't have to be a good reason, but Azur has been used almost exclusively for French subjects (Fairchild 91 being a rare exception) and FRROM for Romanian subjects. Given that MPM and SH are available as suitable ranges for an RAF subject, it just seems odd. I wondered if I was missing something.

I'm thinking that I won't buy it, feeling a little restrained by the size of my backlog and may restrict myself to favorite subjects and/or the more exotic. Or then again I may not, having bought more than I've made already this year! To be fair, there's little more exotic than Paul Lucas's theorising on Tropical schemes for Vildebeeste and Vincents. I suspect I shall wait and see what is offered as alternative options in the kit, or in later releases, then one day when I'm in the shop and there's nothing more alluring.......

Once MPM staff is back from Nueremberg I'll investigate more and post here info about intended camouflage options and other reboxings, if any.

I belive the FRROM range is custom made for a French customer and it is not exclusively focused on French or Rumanian subjects, there are Yugoslavian IK-2 and IK-3 kits, Brazil and Argentinian Fw 58 and maybe others. Usually, the kits follow the type coverage in a French magazine which I suspect is run by the same person as FRROM brand.

Ooooooh! A little bit of wee just came out!

Tooooo much information!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll certainly be up for one of these, I have the Contrail model in my stash but an injected one sounds much more attractive & one done in early war RNZAF finish sounds like the way to go.

Steve.

Ill buy 6 of them if it increases the chance of a Fairey IIIF ( surely the most underated missing injection molded gap ever......sniff)

its certainly one of the most attractive floatplanes ever

big fan of the vildebeest having scratchbuilt one that showed up in SCALE MODELS in the 80s from the contrail kit

Ill buy 6 of them if it increases the chance of a Fairey IIIF ( surely the most underated missing injection molded gap ever......sniff)

big fan of the vildebeest having scratchbuilt one that showed up in SCALE MODELS in the 80s from the contrail kit

Good man!

Isn't the Aeroclub kit just around the corner?

;-)

UPDATE:

First will be released Mk II/III: two camouflaged machines from Singapur and two pre-war "silver" ones, RAF and RZAF. Next from Frrom will be Vincent and Spanish Hispano Vickers with wheels.

MPM will make (probably in Special Hobby range) Mk IV and Vildebeest with floats (Hispano and radial engine).

Cheers

Libor