1/72 Vildebeest Frrom/MPM

Redboost

• 4 weeks later...

From the few references I have on Vildebeest I understand the hatch over the navigator/bomber place was sliding, so it is apparently molded in closed position. Ïn case of navigator absence there might be be fitted an additional fuel tank. Differences between Mk II and Mk III are not clear enough to me, sometimes the picture legend says Mk II and in other source Mk III... I'm somehow lost here.

The wheels are provided separately too, so it will be possible to make adjustments and fit them inside the spats.

The rear cokcpit will include seat, two sets of spare ammunition magazines and gun+mounting. If anybody is willing to share the references, please contact MPM production manager ([email protected]), they can update the tooling for the upcoming Mk IV and Vincent kits. Thanks.

From the few references I have on Vildebeest I understand the hatch over the navigator/bomber place was sliding, so it is apparently molded in closed position. Ïn case of navigator absence there might be be fitted an additional fuel tank. Differences between Mk II and Mk III are not clear enough to me, sometimes the picture legend says Mk II and in other source Mk III... I'm somehow lost here.

The wheels are provided separately too, so it will be possible to make adjustments and fit them inside the spats.

The rear cokcpit will include seat, two sets of spare ammunition magazines and gun+mounting. If anybody is willing to share the references, please contact MPM production manager ([email protected]), they can update the tooling for the upcoming Mk IV and Vincent kits. Thanks.

Thanks for helpful answers to my queries and comments.

Hi,

To paraphrase from the Putnam Vickers Aircraft book, following completion

of 30 Mk II aircraft the Air Ministry requested the addition of a third

crew member to improve accuracy during torpedo dropping. It appears

that the only difference was that the Mk III was a three seater. The

Mark IV reverted to two seats. Hope this helps

Cheers,

Paul

You have to bomb the MPM guys :D Anyway, let me express (on behalf of MPM staff) many thanks to you and the other gentleman that took part in the discussion about the "beest" camouflage schemes elsewhe on this forum. It may help to make the upcoming kits even better.

Anyway, let me express (on behalf of MPM staff) many thanks to you and the other gentleman that took part in the discussion about the "beest" camouflage schemes elsewhe on this forum. It may help to make the upcoming kits even better.

Helo

I've already sent the camouflage link to José Fernandez the owner of AZUR.

Patrick

Edited by VG 33

You have to bomb the MPM guys :D Anyway, let me express (on behalf of MPM staff) many thanks to you and the other gentleman that took part in the discussion about the "beest" camouflage schemes elsewhe on this forum. It may help to make the upcoming kits even better.

You watch, they'll bring out a kit with an RNZAF option & an RAF Endau raid option in the same box, then I'll have to buy TWO. :lol:

Steve.

Oh, there's more to come on that one if I can ever get my scanner working. Glad to know my ramblings are of use...

Cheers,

Mark

Hi there k5054nz, welcome to the forum. :welcome:

I love your whatif avatar, specially the big pic, hope you'll share some more. I have to say, awesome scheme, but then I would. :D

Steve.

Edited by stevehnz

• 3 weeks later...

Just got the kit today on a show in Hungary and shot picture in hotel room - sorry for bad quality. At first glance the kit looks very promising, here are the marking options:

- K4176, Singapore 1936, overall Aluminium

- NZ109, RNZAF, dtto

- NK-K, 100.sq, Dark Mediterenian Blue and Extra Sea Green on upper wing with shadow shading on lower wing, SkyBlue undersides

- OE-J, 36,sq, dtto

IMG_0326.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

What a nice surprise this kit is, I cannot wait to get hold of one of these and will probably buy 2 or 3 depending on the price, plus a Vincent if one appears!!!

Brilliant news and a 1/48th version would be the icing on the cake

All the best

Tony O