RAF 11 Sqn Airbus A380 MPA

bexwh773

Realy looking forward to seeing how that big bierd takes shape, seriousley glad you chose her.

Hi Bex, good to see you around again. As Steve suggested, what about using the pole from the tip of the 707 fin fitted above the cockpit as a probe?

Tony :clif:

Edited by avro683

You've got a good collection of bits there, you can tell the effort that has gone into it.

Have you got a picture that shows how big this is, I am not sure how big a 1/144 A380 would be. I saw one for the first time the other day at CDG, and it was BIG!

Dan

You've got a good collection of bits there, you can tell the effort that has gone into it.

Have you got a picture that shows how big this is, I am not sure how big a 1/144 A380 would be. I saw one for the first time the other day at CDG, and it was BIG!

Dan

Thanks for the kind comments folks :thumbsup2:

Daniel, yes alot of planning has gone into this, just ask ChancerUK, hes the only other person than me that has known the exact details of this project for the last two years, and I hope it turns out as good as Ive planned :pray: As for size, shes huge, even in 1/144th, so, Ive included two photos for you, one with Revell & Tamiya paint pots, and one with part of Sammys 72nd Hunter.

Im now at the stage of all the engines fitted, but I completely forgot how much a pig they are to build and fit, as I helped Louise with her rainbow coloured 380 :doh: Which is why Ive also included a photo of the underside plate, which requires strengthening with Bexy patented extra spars....... aka Lolly Sticks :rofl: The plate which is unpainted a this stage, also requires a vast amount of sanding which also is unfinished at this stage :suicide: Ive also started assembling the Rotordome.

Thanks to Kspriss, I also now the refuelling probe problem sort....... Thanks Steve :worthy:

Thanks for looking :thumbsup2:

Bexy

Engine parts:

DSCF4040.jpg

DSCF4041.jpg

DSCF4046.jpg

In between coats of paint:

DSCF4043.jpg

DSCF4042.jpg

Size comparisons:

DSCF4047.jpg

DSCF4048.jpg

Where I am now, with previously mentioned git of a bottom plate:

DSCF4049.jpg

DSCF4050.jpg

DSCF4051.jpg

DSCF4052.jpg

DSCF4053.jpg

Edited by bexwh773

Looking good Bex great progress, like the work on the engines.

Thanks for the comments folks :thumbsup2: Yes, aslong as you dont want the beast legs down youre fine, luckily for me, they were needed for someone elses project :yahoo: Otherwise Id probably still be working on the legs :doh: As for the engines, I knew they were a pig before I started, as I remembered how much of a battle it was to get Louises together :suicide: They just need touching up, which I will do before bed tonight. You can also see Ive finally fitted that poxy bottom plate, again which will be painted tonight, so I can check if any filling is required, or whether it is hidden by painting :pray: The rotordome is now ready to be put together, and the sidewinders are now fitted, I just need to paint the rails grey. Oh, Im using Revells SM378 which seems a pretty good ish match for the modern RAF grey.

Some more photos then :yahoo:

Sidewinders fitted....... theyre tiny in 144th :yikes:

DSCF4056.jpg

DSCF4055.jpg

Bottom plate & Rotordome:

DSCF4054.jpg

DSCF4057.jpg

Bexy

Thanks Gang :yahoo:

Right then, Rotordome is painted up and complete, but I stil have a little work to do on her belly, so heres a taster of how dishy she looks :blush: with her dome on. A few blobs of the black slipped under the masking, but, I think they look fairly reallistic, so Ive decided to leave them.

Bexy

DSCF4059.jpg

DSCF4060.jpg

DSCF4061.jpg

LOOKING GREAT!!!

And I like that idea to make a military version of the A380 like the German Luftwaffe did it at an former Lufthansa Airbus A310-304!

800px-Airbus_A310_MRT_MedEvac_-_ILA2002-03.jpg

Thanks for the comments Gang :thumbsup2:

Final update for a week, off on Holibobs with the in laws :suicide: the only reason Im going is coz I get to meet up with Steve and family again :wicked: naughty me :whistle:

Belly is now filled, sanded and repainted, USAF refuel boom has 1st coat of paint and the H&D wing pods still need more paint, though I may repaint them if they look ridiculous. When I get back I shall start applying the decals :yahoo:

Bexy