The French Connection, P-40F Warhawk G.C. II/5 Tunisia 1943

24 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Thanks James, if you fancy building something French then there's always this proposal to sign up for;

Thanks Craig I’ll get signed up for that one over the weekend. Do you remember the French Fancy GB from a few years ago. Maybe we’ll have to have another one of those sometime. 

James

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, franky boy said:

Thanks Craig I’ll get signed up for that one over the weekend. Do you remember the French Fancy GB from a few years ago. Maybe we’ll have to have another one of those sometime. 

James

I do remember that one James, there were some great builds for it, I think I built an Aeronavale Corsair for that one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Thanks James, if you fancy building something French then there's always this proposal to sign up for;

You would be very welcome, James ..... ;). Go on, you know you want to ;)

Martin

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Wings unlevel said:

It’s really come alive now, Craig. Lovely work, can’t wait to see the finished product!

9 hours ago, 81-er said:

She's looking really good now, Craig, and not far off the finish line :D

James

Thanks Gerard and James, with any luck I should get her finished in the next day or two.

• Like 2

As promised I took some pictures of my finished F, the final one of my three P-40 builds for the GB! I must admit that there was more than one occasion that I didn't think that I would get them done in time but as it turned out I actually managed to get them done for the original deadline, granted no photos of the F until today but she was finished on Sunday. Enough waffling, here are the pics of the finished model;

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

A huge thank you to all of you who have popped in and followed my builds and kept things on track, your support is very much appreciated. I have to say that I have enjoyed all three of them and even the old AMT ones haven't turned out too badly, though I will hold off on buying any more to see what Eduard comes up with for their models.

Thanks for looking in and as usual all comments and criticisms are gratefully received.

Craig.

• Like 11

C’est magnifique! Looks fantastic Craig, especially with French markings, really suits it. Great work leading by example in the GB too, with your three fantastic builds. Very impressive given how generous with your time you’ve been as host as well. 👍

Edited by Wings unlevel
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Geo1966 said:

Turned out great Craig, really nice.

I know they are right, but the tiny roundels on top of the wings look so wrong 😆

George

Thanks George,

I know what you mean about the roundels, if it wasn't for decent pictures that prove it I would have thought they were wrong for sure.

5 hours ago, Wings unlevel said:

C’est magnifique! Looks fantastic Craig, especially with French markings, really suits it. Great work leading by example in the GB too, with your three fantastic builds. Very impressive given how generous with your time you’ve been as host as well. 👍

Thank you Gerard, far too kind as always my friend.

4 hours ago, franky boy said:

Excellent work Craig!

Thats a great effort to turn out 3 very nice builds in a single GB. 

James

Thanks James, I must admit that I thought I had bitten off more than I could chew on more than one occasion.

4 hours ago, 81-er said:

She's absolutely superb mate, very well done on this one :clap2:

James

Thanks mate, very much appreciated.

3 hours ago, Muchmirth said:

Superb finish on this one Craig, looks great!

Paul

Thanks Paul, thats very kind of you to say so and I'm glad that you like her.

• Like 2

Hi Craig. Happy New Year!! Your Warhawk turned out brilliantly! You have captured the desert camo/appearance beautifully! Very well done! :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Craig. Happy New Year!! Your Warhawk turned out brilliantly! You have captured the desert camo/appearance beautifully! Very well done! :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Mate, I really appreciate that. 

And a happy New Year to you and your family.

• Thanks 1