I feel deserted GB chat

Dansk

1 minute ago, modelling minion said:

Both excellent choices, and when we do round two of this GB there should be a new kit out with any luck.

Well, there are plenty of preserved airframes that could be Lidared.  Is that a word??? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PhantomBigStu said:

I’m convinced there’s a Jaguar coming from airfix in the Jan annoucment I have no info to support this but its in my bones, of course I was also convinced (although less so) there was a b-24 in this years one so take that as a pointless assertion 

I hope you are right.  Although I have a number of Italeri Jaguars in The Stash, I would still buy Airfix ones.  I would like to build a very early RAF jet with Type D roundels

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Enzo the Magnificent said:

I hope you are right.  Although I have a number of Italeri Jaguars in The Stash, I would still buy Airfix ones.  I would like to build a very early RAF jet with Type D roundels

That’s a good way of tempting fate, was intending to do an italeri one for this once we got the extension but forgot to actually get the kit, will have to pick one up next time I’m in town 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, PhantomBigStu said:

That’s a good way of tempting fate, was intending to do an italeri one for this once we got the extension but forgot to actually get the kit, will have to pick one up next time I’m in town 

I know it's quite an elderly kit, but I like it.  Okay it requires a bit of work, but then what kit doesn't?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Elderly, it’s from 96 which is 3 years younger than I am….lol the hasegawa is almost 40 though

When I enlisted in the RAF I lived in shared barrack accomodation for a few years. Obviously it wasn't feasible to build models in such an environment.  I finally moved into single-man accomodation in 1984.  The Hasegawa Jaguar was the first kit I built.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Enzo the Magnificent said:

When I enlisted in the RAF I lived in shared barrack accomodation for a few years. Obviously it wasn't feasible to build models in such an environment.  I finally moved into single-man accomodation in 1984.  The Hasegawa Jaguar was the first kit I built.  

Must been fun, only built it the once ages ago and the only issue I can recall is the omission of the wing tanks and the expense of resin ones…..anyway whether the italeri Jaguar happens or not remains to me seen, just been down a tornado rabbit hole after going down a phantom one last night, who knows what I’ll end up with when I visit my local for the last time pre Christmas, and no I can’t build them all, already got a revell Neptune I want to finish over the next fortnight so it will be just the one additional Christmas build  

• Like 2

On 06/12/2023 at 15:10, Enzo the Magnificent said:

Two weeks do you?  Takes you nicely up to the end of the year.

On 06/12/2023 at 18:08, modelling minion said:

That will do very nicely thanks.👍

Hi both,

That's great news, thank you. I certainly wouldn't have been able to have been finished by yesterday!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 3

Just wanted to say thanks for a most enjoyable Groupbuild. It has been a lot of fun adding an (elderly now) Hasegawa Hurricane IID to the finished side of the 2023 hobby ledger. 

Good luck to those still building I’ll be watching the builds and gallery with interest!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Rafwaffe said:

Just wanted to say thanks for a most enjoyable Groupbuild. It has been a lot of fun adding an (elderly now) Hasegawa Hurricane IID to the finished side of the 2023 hobby ledger. 

Good luck to those still building I’ll be watching the builds and gallery with interest!

Really glad that you enjoyed the GB, thank you for having taken part and for your continued interest.

• Like 1

Well thats a wrap folks! This really has been a great GB and you guys have come up with some great ideas to fit the scope of it and the standard of modelling really has been superb, as has been the camaraderie and support that you have offered each other and myself and Paul @Dansk in our hosting duties, which really have been a pleasure to do. Give me a few days and I will look into getting a poll open so that you can vote for your favourite build, though I for one will find it difficult to choose one from all the excellent entries.

Thanks again for an excellent GB.

Craig.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 9

19 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Well thats a wrap folks! This really has been a great GB and you guys have come up with some great ideas to fit the scope of it and the standard of modelling really has been superb, as has been the camaraderie and support that you have offered each other and myself and Paul @Dansk in our hosting duties, which really have been a pleasure to do. Give me a few days and I will look into getting a poll open so that you can vote for your favourite build, though I for one will find it difficult to choose one from all the excellent entries.

Craig.

We should be thanking you both, Craig. This has been a terrific a terrific GB, with a great vibe and some incredible modelling on display. Thanks Paul for proposing, and thanks Craig for your tireless energy and support for all our builds. 🙏

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Wings unlevel said:

We should be thanking you both, Craig. This has been a terrific a terrific GB, with a great vibe and some incredible modelling on display. Thanks Paul for proposing, and thanks Craig for your tireless energy and support for all our builds. 🙏

That really is very kind of you mate and very much appreciated.

• Like 2

Very definitely a big thank you to Paul for proposing it, and to you for keeping the asylum in order, Craig :D

James

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

An excellent GB and great to see so many quality models in the gallery. Well done Craig for the very successful shepherding of us all and making a really good atmosphere.👏👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 01/01/2024 at 09:18, modelling minion said:

Craig.

Hi Craig. As the others have mentioned already, thank you to you and Paul for hosting this GB. 

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/1/2024 at 9:43 AM, Wings unlevel said:

Definitely what he said! Thanks very much to Craig and everyone else for being a great groupbuild gang 😊

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1