IMGP7056

I'm going to have stop building these lovely old kits as I'm running out of storage space so this the last for a while.

it is the old Revell/Monogram kit from the early 1990s. Pretty much strait out of the box with just some vents cleared out and a bit of extra work in the cockpit. The only addition was a Master nose probe.

IMGP7057

I used the lovely Caracal decals for a 49th FIS machine based at Griffiss AFB in the 1970s.

IMGP7055

As always thanks for looking

• Like 33
  • Thanks 1

Very nice as usual,........ I like the look of the F-102 & F-106,...... nice clean speed machines.

I had the kit but sold it in a missus induced `clear out',..... I know what you mean about size,..... it is a big aircraft! I remember seeing a few of these at Sedes airfield in Greece in the station museum, big old things.

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1

Tony,

I never saw  a F-106 flying Camper 1 reliably informs me a pair of them touched down at Prestwick on the way to the Paris air show  but that was it for -106s in the UK.  I did see a F-102 at Finningley around 1964(?). It made a Javelin look small.  Guess who has an unbuilt 1//48th Javelin...

Ian,

the eldest might as well move out now she has passed her  driving test, Still she did drive me all the way to Driffield.

Hello Fox,

Monogram, always good. Also this F-106. The Caracal decals is a must, because the Monogram decals are a real disaster.

You turned this old fighter into a real winner. Regards, Orion-The Netherlands.

• Like 1