Supermarine SPITFIRE / SEAFIRE / SPITEFUL / SEAFANG STGB Chat

39 minutes ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good evening Valkyrie

I see that you are starting to prepare yourself with a little training on the Airfix Spitfire ..

All the best

Patrice

Yes, I’m really looking forward to it, get my hours up on spits. This is only my 3rd ever, hopefully be 5 after this GB

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

Yes, I’m really looking forward to it, get my hours up on spits. This is only my 3rd ever, hopefully be 5 after this GB

Good afternoon Valkyrie

I understand what you mean .. I plan to build several kits this year ..

All the best

Patrice

• Like 1

The vintage Airfix Vb arrived in good condition and usable decal's but I've an urge to go back to 1/48 scale for a couple of builds this year so now have their

70's tooling in the larger scale for my other build.

• Like 2

A great GB to be your first! Welcome aboard...I remember my first GB, was a Russian jets and the guidance advice and tips I got was immense. Certainly great fun on here and the people are not bad too LOL 

ENJOY

Still too long to wait 

• Like 1

I've been collecting (and making some) Spitfire and Seafire kits for a while...   Here's what's in the stash;

Dsc_0202

So obviously I'm looking forward to this STGB! ^_^.  But which one to make first? :undecided:

It was going to be the Sword Seafire IIc.  But, to start with, I've decided on another. Can you guess which one? (hint - to me it seemed obvious and logical)

Cheers,

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Johnson said:

Here's what's in the stash;

So obviously I'm looking forward to this STGB! ^_^.  But which one to make first? :undecided:

It was going to be the Sword Seafire IIc.  But, to start with, I've decided on another. Can you guess which one? (hint - to me it seemed obvious and logical)

You are gonna be building them all, aren't you?   You know you want to...   :wicked: 

Okay...   first one to build...   the CMR kit of the prototype!   Kick the GB off in style!    :thumbsup:

Edit:   next one to build?   The CMR kit of the 22/24.  Build it as a 24 and then you've got first and last! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

next one to build?   The CMR kit of the 22/24.  Build it as a 24 and then you've got first and last! 

Blimey Enzo, you’ve been reading my mind!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Johnson said:

I've been collecting (and making some) Spitfire and Seafire kits for a while...   Here's what's in the stash;

Dsc_0202

Cheers,

Oh the Beautiful collection... I hope to have one just like that someday. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Johnson said:

Dsc_0202

Cheers,

Hi Charlie

That is what I call a Very nice Stash  but I would not like to have to choose between all these kits ...

Patrice

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Can I get a 25% ruling on this conversion job? Would help with motivation knowing it can go in the gallery 

49697754543_e2f2f96b5b_b.jpg

Good evening Stu

As far as I can judge by the photo I think that we can accept it ...

All the best

Patrice

• Like 2

Enzo guessed correctly that I'm hoping to build a couple of CMR resin kits, the first and last;

Dscf2106

Dscf2107

But... before I get too excited and fired up, I started the Mk.24 kit many years ago and painted the interior green, then looked at the canopy which had turned bright yellow and discovered the appalling fit of the wings to the fuselage. Back in the box it went!

Anyway, I thought that I'd better check with our host @TEMPESTMK5 that my Mk.24 meets the 25% rule. I'm pretty sure its OK as I didn't get very far with it;

Dscf2110

Is this OK Patrice?

• Like 1

On 3/25/2020 at 5:43 PM, Johnson said:

It's time to admit something from my end.:sorry:

I may have a serious problem. 

It's called Spitfire Hoarding.:banghead:

But I'll manage somehow, possibly might have to add another Swedish build.

y4ma1TaZa4W-7N96PSGvVI_YdqLajR0im9l5Lyw2

And before you say 'That's not THAT bad' - those Eduard boxes are double-stuffed with overtrees.

The three on the bench not shown here.

Nuuuurse!:drunk:

• Like 5
  • Haha 1