Supermarine SPITFIRE / SEAFIRE / SPITEFUL / SEAFANG STGB Chat

A certain well known model supplier in Lowestoft just got stock of the Sword Seafire collection in 1/72 (Mk.IIc, III, XV (x2) and XVII) - which I had on backorder! ^_^

I've been waiting to build a Seafire IIc for a while, so please add me to the list.

Cheers,

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Rafwaffe said:

In case I have not done so already please count me in. Have spitfire, will build!

Good evening Rafwaffe 

Welcome aboard

See you next year for the start of this Gb

Patrice

1 hour ago, Johnson said:

Package arrived!

Dscf1729

Five Seafires... not sure that I can make them all :unsure:.

Very grateful if you would add me to the list Patrice ( @TEMPESTMK5) to make the Seafire IIc.

Merci beaucoup!

Good evening Charlie 

Welcome aboard

Don't worry now that this Gb is official there is no need to add the name of the new comers to the list you will just have to open a build thread when the Gb will start in a few months ..

All the best

Patrice

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Marklo said:

I'd be in if I knew what an stgb is as opposed to a GB

I think a STGB is a Short Term GB, like the real thing but a bit less time. But 3 months is ample time, so maybe I’m mistaken? :unsure:

3 hours ago, Johnson said:

I think a STGB is a Short Term GB, like the real thing but a bit less time. But 3 months is ample time, so maybe I’m mistaken? :unsure:

STGB is a Single Type Group Build, so in this case you are only allowed to build Spitfires and Seafires. A GB would be themed, so for instance the upcoming Battle of Britain, where you can model any aircraft, vehicle, ship, scene (snapshot of the time) as you like within the BoB timeframe.

Edited by SimonT
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, Marklo said:

I'd be in if I knew what an stgb is as opposed to a GB :) I have a nice 1/48 bubble top spit in the stash.

Good afternoon Marklo

Welcome aboard .. STGB means Single Type Gb  during the future Spitfire Seafire STGB you can Only build a Spitfire or a Seafire whatever the subtype and it last only 3 months ..on the opposite  a Gb is dedicated to a wider subject for example during the future Battle of Britain Gb you will be to build whatever type of aircraft that took part in the Battle of Britain ..

Patrice

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 09/01/2020 at 00:50, Cookenbacher said:

Hello Patrice, if you're still looking for a co-host I'd be honoured to volunteer.

Good morning Cookie

Thank you very much for your answer I accept with pleasure

See you in a few months for the beginning of this Gb

Patrice

• Like 1

On 09/01/2020 at 10:29, gingerbob said:

Me too, if you'll have me after the Mustang GB!  (I'm thinking there will be a fair amount of activity...)

Good morning Bob

Thank you very much for your answer I accept with pleasure

See you in a few months for the beginning of this Gb

I think that this Gb will be very succesful

Patrice

• 2 weeks later...

I think at last count I had at least 12 Seafires in the stash, all 1:72 apart from a single Airfix  1:48 one. Also a small number of Spits, which were earmarked for conversion to Seafires before Admiral, AZ models and Sword started producing Seafires like there is no tomorrow. I also have some CMK resin Seafires as well. Looks like a major opportunity for stash reduction. Count me in. 

Edited by 825
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, 825 said:

I think at last count I had at least 12 Seafires in the stash, all 1:72 apart from a single Airfix  1:48 one. Also a small number of Spits, which were earmarked for conversion to Seafires before Admiral, AZ models and Sword started producing Seafires like there is no tomorrow. I also have some CMK resin Seafires as well. Looks like a major opportunity for stash reduction. Count me in. 

Good morning 825

Welcome aboard see you soon for the start of the Gb ..

All the best

Patrice

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, alt-92 said:

I'm in with a history project. Sort of like a mini-CBAF run, but I don't want to spill many beans yet.

Good morning alt-92

Welcome aboard ,  see you in a few weeks for the start of this Gb

Patrice

• 2 weeks later...

OK, after some internal debate I've decided to take the plunge and sign up. There's still a bit of space in between the Nordic GB and the Heller Classic GB 🙂 .... So let's just make 2020 a group build year then. I haven't built an aircraft since I was about 12 I think. I remember building a Stuka and also some blue thing of which I have absolutely no idea what it was. My builds always kept the colour they had when the plastic came out of the box 😋... and they always fell apart after a couple of months. 

But: I think the time has come to redeem myself in the aircraft department, and a Spitfire seems just the right subject for it. So count me in!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, alt-92 said:

A fast trip to the Voorstraat should fix your Spitfire woes I'd guess ;)

Haha yes indeed it would 🙂 ... I'm thinking about the new Tamiya 1/48 scale though! This being my first plane I think that one would suit me well. 

Edit: it has been ordered, wow my first aircraft, it's starting to sink in 😉 

Edited by JeroenS
Order info
  • Like 1