"To Remember The many" The Tamiya Lancaster 1/48

33 minutes ago, Graham said:

Hi Johnny if it's not too late the 2 windows either side of were the W/op sits need to be moved back towards the wing as on the kit they are too far forward, hope this pic helps.

lanc_window.jpg

Graham

Hello Graham,

is that window moving concerning all the Lancs ??

Please say only the lanc posterior to EE serial Pleaaaaase ???

sincerely.

CC

Look 3 Lancaster on the go at the same time ??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Graham said:

Hi Johnny if it's not too late the 2 windows either side of were the W/op sits need to be moved back towards the wing as on the kit they are too far forward, hope this pic helps.

lanc_window.jpg

Graham

:doh: Thanks for the info. It is a little late now unfortunately. I’ll sleep on it and have a think.

1 hour ago, CedB said:

Another great Spadgent interior Jont - you really are very good with that wash stuff aren’t you :) 

Shucks. :blush:

1 hour ago, HomerJ_757 said:

Love what you’ve done so far, Johnny!

Thanks.

56 minutes ago, corsaircorp said:

Great John !

izzat Flory ???

look great !!

sincerely

CC

Thans CC yes Flory for the win. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yup @Grayham is right. Looks like the window is about one windows width backwards, maybe a tad more. Seems Eduard got it wrong too as they have put a ruddy box where you need to cut :doh:. So with that I’m saying “too late hotplate” she’s going to have to have slightly forward windows. I’m sure I’ll live. :penguin:

Johnny “don’t mention the windows” :rambo:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Proper bostin stuff Johnny. Especially the radio and other gizmos. They look very realistic. As for the issues with the windows. Well I'd put it down to a casualty of the olde window tax and pretend it never happened. No one will notice Johnny and if you buy me gallons of beer at Telford I promise not to tell anyone, honest...

• Haha 3

Wow.

Really, just wow.

The radio position looks pretty spot on.

The Nav position shows what I think is the H2S display - this was a downward pointing radar, lived in the big bulge under the fuselage towards the back. Wasn't very accurate by modern standards, but served to follow line or height based features, ie coastline, rivers, hills etc.

Panel on stbd side, with multi-coloured instruments, is engine gauges (oil press, temp, and coolant temp). Fuel gauges at the bottom, fuel pumps and lights on the left of the panel.

Lookin' good Johnny, lookin' good...

• Thanks 2

This is looking brilliant...as usual!

I don't know much about Lancs but I came across this by accident last night. If you haven't seen it, it's a terrific short film. It puts into perspective just how courageous those crews were to get inside the things...they were mostly only in their 20s and, as the plaque says at the beginning of your thred, 55,000 of them never came home.

Incidentally, my late godfather was in Bomber Command during the Second World War. He was an air traffic controller at Scampton from 1943.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Superb job on those interiors, J :clap: :worthy:  You seem to begetting the best out of this Flory Wash stuff, amongst other things :thumbsup2: 

Ciao

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, perdu said:

windows?

What wi

I am sure it is fine so dont worrit about it Jonty, we wont!

Thankyou sir. Too kind. :wub:

21 hours ago, Tomoshenko said:

Proper bostin stuff Johnny. Especially the radio and other gizmos. They look very realistic. As for the issues with the windows. Well I'd put it down to a casualty of the olde window tax and pretend it never happened. No one will notice Johnny and if you buy me gallons of beer at Telford I promise not to tell anyone, honest...

Thanks Tomo. Gallons? Deal. :wicked:

20 hours ago, isaneng said:

Wow.

Really, just wow.

The Nav position shows what I think is the H2S display - this was a downward pointing radar, lived in the big bulge under the fuselage towards the back. Wasn't very accurate by modern standards, but served to follow line or height based features, ie coastline, rivers, hills etc.

Panel on stbd side, with multi-coloured instruments, is engine gauges (oil press, temp, and coolant temp). Fuel gauges at the bottom, fuel pumps and lights on the left of the panel.

Thankyou kid. That means a lot coming from you kind sir. :innocent:

11 hours ago, Timmas said:

This is looking brilliant...as usual!

I don't know much about Lancs but I came across this by accident last night. If you haven't seen it, it's a terrific short film. It puts into perspective just how courageous those crews were to get inside the things...they were mostly only in their 20s and, as the plaque says at the beginning of your thred, 55,000 of them never came home.

Incidentally, my late godfather was in Bomber Command during the Second World War. He was an air traffic controller at Scampton from 1943.

Thankyou so much. I’ll check the video out. I love stuff like that. Excelent story about your godfather too. :giles:

10 hours ago, giemme said:

Superb job on those interiors, J :clap: :worthy:  You seem to begetting the best out of this Flory Wash stuff, amongst other things :thumbsup2: 

Ciao

Tanks G. I’m trying out a new technique with it at the mo. Seems to be working well. 

Looking forward to getting more done, updates soon. 

Johnny,

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Spadgent said:

...I’ll check the video out. I love stuff like that. Excelent story about your godfather too. :giles:

Apparently the film was made to coincide with the publishing of "Lancaster Target", a book Jack Currie wrote about his experience. I found a copy on Amazon...it should be good.

• Like 2

On 05/03/2018 at 8:51 PM, Timmas said:

Apparently the film was made to coincide with the publishing of "Lancaster Target", a book Jack Currie wrote about his experience. I found a copy on Amazon...it should be good.

Thanks for sharing this. Wonderful watch, and a great insight. Surprising how cramped it was inside. A real help for building her. Thanks again.  John.

Edited by The Spadgent
  • Like 1

On ‎05‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 12:19 AM, isaneng said:

Wow.

Really, just wow.

Hello ,

wich one is the H2S display please ?

Mine did'nt get the H2S, so I will not place that box on the table.

Tomorrow, I'll start the window moving, I read that it need to get 3mm backwards ??

I thank you beforehand.

Sincerely.

CC

On ‎04‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 11:14 PM, Tomoshenko said:

Seconded !

But I'll bring mine And YOU have to try that rocket fuel !:evil_laugh::evil_laugh:

That will be fun ! :cheers:

Ask the @Martian Hale He did great on that test !!

sincerely !

CC

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, corsaircorp said:

Seconded !

But I'll bring mine And YOU have to try that rocket fuel !:evil_laugh::evil_laugh:

That will be fun ! :cheers:

Ask the @Martian Hale He did great on that test !!

sincerely !

CC

It was easy. I was drinking on behalf of Her majesty the Queen so you had no chance! :cheers:

Martian

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Martian Hale said:

It was easy. I was drinking on behalf of Her majesty the Queen so you had no chance! :cheers:

Martian

If you pass the belgian beer test, nothing can beat you :D:D

Where's that McChouffe I just bought? :beer:

Ciao

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, giemme said:

If you pass the belgian beer test, nothing can beat you :D:D

Where's that McChouffe I just bought? :beer:

Ciao

Hello Giorgio and dear tentacled one !

For me it has been a classical Blue Chimay !

Tomorrow It will be a Triple Westmaale !

Cheers !

CC

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, corsaircorp said:

Hello Giorgio and dear tentacled one !

For me it has been a classical Blue Chimay !

Tomorrow It will be a Triple Westmaale !

Cheers !

CC

Changed my mind and went for a Hoegaarden in the end :) Still Belgian, but easier :coolio:

Ciao

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Well as you’re all talking about beer and I’m sitting here having an nice dark chocolate Stout in front of the fire I might as well share the small amount that has been done this week. It’s been busy so no real time for Fun. But here’s where I began.

I got the belts on and they’re looking ok. Just need a weather pass.

39819182265_22b75518ce_b.jpg

I decided to add some maps and the like to the pit to spice it up a bit plus maybe a pin up?  I thought it might be a good idea? Thoughts.

38904427950_8f2cd015ef_b.jpg

I wasn’t sure of scale so I kept scaling and printed the lot. 

40714382441_ac10c0d3c3_b.jpg

This one fits fine. I then scratch built the little arm thing, magnifying glass.

40714382331_92814ed458_b.jpg

as you can see I’m adding bits to the pockets too.

40714381361_f7be26c108_b.jpg

all the high washes are done now. 

40714382921_694db9c8bb_b.jpg

I need to get the IP together and then I can button up.     I think.

thanks for popping in. Gotta fly, the fam just got back. Thake care on this rainy night.  Johnny Lancaster.

More Tomorrow.

Edited by The Spadgent
  • Like 16

Wow, classy touch with those maps and bits! :worthy:

(A good Stout it's another favorite of mine, BTW - apologies for the alcoholic drift :) )

Ciao

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That's really looking very nice indeed Johnny B)

By coincidence I am having a chocolate stout evening: Siren Brewing Broken Dream and Brewdog Choco Libra. Fierce, both of them, but soft and comforting at the same time. Have a good one,

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, giemme said:

Wow, classy touch with those maps and bits! :worthy:

(A good Stout it's another favorite of mine, BTW - apologies for the alcoholic drift :) )

Ciao

No need to apologise for Alcoholic drift. :king:

3 minutes ago, Stew Dapple said:

That's really looking very nice indeed Johnny B)

By coincidence I am having a chocolate stout evening: Siren Brewing Broken Dream and Brewdog Choco Libra. Fierce, both of them, but soft and comforting at the same time. Have a good one,

Cheers,

Stew

Ooh I love a siren craft. I have some Purple moose I bought back from Wales. Alas I’m out for now so it looks like Mr Red next. ;)

• Like 1