Heller Mirage IV 1:72

This is my heavily optimised Four Grand which was featured in german modelling magazine ModellFan in 2010.

It took 200 hrs to build.

The old kit should get a new tool companion as soon as possible.

Cheers Thomas

• Like 37

Thomas,

Ausgezeichnet! The most beautiful and deadly of all the French Deltas. You have done an outstanding job with the improvements, detailing, and the finish. Well done! I hope when I get around to mine that I can do half as good.

Mike

Can you tell me the aftermarket detail parts that you used? I have the jammer and chaff pods and a resin interior, but looks like you either scratchbuilt the exhausts or used a resin set.

Edited by 72modeler
added additional text
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you, mates!

I will bring some WIP pictures to explain. Its all scratch except the (changed) Pavla cockpit and the not good at all Pavla recce pod (+15 hrs on that alone to alter). Some decals are custom printed, some from Carpena.

The chaff pod is a reworked Revell Tonka one. The jammer from Italeri Jag A.

A very nice build of a magnificent machine. As you say, the kit is a bit old now nd has flaws, like the depth of the canopy/windshield. Nevertheless you have done her justice!!! :)

Martin

• Thanks 1

Yes, a lot of work on the canopy and there too, new  rivets, MLG, wheels, hardpoints, drop tanks. Can you see the tiny drain pipes (needles)....

mirage4_2010g

• Like 4

The front is much sleeker, the centerline much higher. Pavla cockpit is optimized, le conteneur technique of pavla was totally wrong, so i ripped it apart and made my own Omera cameras...

mirage4_2010i

mirage4_2010f

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hello mates,

Bearmatt thank you, here i correct my then newbie fault:

Thank you all!

Cheers,

Thomas Hopf alzheimer (Hopfensperger i guess)

Hi Thomas,

this build is just fantastic and only superlatives come to mind!

I am nonetheless slightly disappointed, because in my book this fantastic plane always had a sharp edge camo, and yours is a bit blurry on the edges, and that changes the whole image. Unless of course your specific plane had a hazy camo!

Great shoW!

JR

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jean said:

Hi Thomas,

this build is just fantastic and only superlatives come to mind!

I am nonetheless slightly disappointed, because in my book this fantastic plane always had a sharp edge camo, and yours is a bit blurry on the edges, and that changes the whole image. Unless of course your specific plane had a hazy camo!

Great shoW!

JR

hello JR,

in contrast to mirageIII (  there for some time) four grand had no sharp edges but differed slightly, patchwork sometimes was sharper, overhauled fresh was more hazy

Cheers,

Thomas

cockpit mirage IV

• Like 1

Wonderful build, what a big old beasty she was!

Only ever saw one up at Cottesmore in 2000.

• Thanks 1