1/48th 'Killer Egg'

G'day folks,

Well my first official Britmodeller GB. Lets see how I go.

This is the Academy kit and CMK resin conversion I'll be using to build the kit from. the machine itself was used during Operation Gothic Serpent which of course was made famous in the film adaptation 'Blackhawk Down'.

Love the box art from the Academy kit while the CMK photo looks quite imposing...ooooohhhhhh aaaaahhh.

_MG_4988_zpspzq0pxkx.jpg

First job is to chain drill the frame out for the forward and rear doors. Made easier by mounting the Dremel in its drill vise and plunging away. The right side rear door is already a separate part so I've filled in the hinge recesses with some Tamiya basic putty.

_MG_4989_zpsou8ha0ma.jpg

I've run some Tamiya thin glue around the inside of the openings to knock back the rough edges of the plastic.

Voilá...result

_MG_4990_zpsfqct1xkb.jpg

The interior is coming together however I wasn't quite sure about the overheard support that runs between the mid bulkhead and rear wall. The transmission is moulded into the kit part however if glued in place a gaping void will result in the interior. I've used some ten though card to fill the gap. I'll add a few bits of plastic to busy it up a bit.

_MG_4991_zpsqhdzamly.jpg

The stand alone part.

_MG_4992_zpsf5b225ai.jpg

That's it for the moment.

Back soon with some more.

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by Mick Drover
  • Like 8

Good to have you along Craig. I must say it's rather nice resin.

Are you going to be building yours?

Cheers,

Mick

Hi Mick,

Much as I would like to build the OH-6 I just don't think I will have the time as I'm still working on 2 P-47's for a GB and have 2 CH-53's I'm going to build for this one. Maybe later in the year as a separate WIP.

Craig.

• Like 1

Thanks gents. Sorry for the slow updates. I've got a few other projects on the go so energy is going into them for the moment. Painting should be straight forward...fifty shades of black.

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by Mick Drover