- SAAB SF 37 VIGGEN - 1/48 AIRFIX

Well done on doing the splinter. Did you need therapy/glasses/meditation afterwards or was there an easy way?

-Glasses therapy only......(.Mostly peated whisky.)...for this kind of camo don't think , just go !! .....this date back to my paratrooper years.........

Beautiful camo and very gratifying to see an SF version modelled!

SF stands for "Spaning Foto" ('Reconnaissance Photo') in Swedish. The SF 37 often worked in tandem with an SH 37 (SH, "Spaning Hav", 'Reconnaissance Sea'), which carried a dedicated sea surveillance radar in the nose but only rudimentary camera equipment in an external pod.

So, there you have a tip for your next Viggen… ;-)

Great job!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 1

Beautiful camo and very gratifying to see an SF version modelled!

SF stands for "Spaning Foto" ('Reconnaissance Photo') in Swedish. The SF 37 often worked in tandem with an SH 37 (SH, "Spaning Hav", 'Reconnaissance Sea'), which carried a dedicated sea surveillance radar in the nose but only rudimentary camera equipment in an external pod.

So, there you have a tip for your next Viggen… ;-)

Great job!

Kind regards,

Joachim

- Hi Jochen,

- It is just the version I'm working on .My regret is that in the Maestro under fuselage loads range, the camera pod SKa- 24D often seen on the SH is missing , owing to its very streamlined shape this item is not easy to built from scratch.

- Thank you foryour comments...J.M

• Like 1

Hello J.M,

Just had an email from Max (Rebell/Maestro), replying to my question about the SKa 24D: "We're working on it."

Kind regards,

Joachim

I regularly watch Max website. My SH is far from being finished, may be Max will have enough time to finish his job , if not the fuselage pylon can be left empty till ready