Blackbird Avro Lincoln - 1/72 resin conversion

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

G'day Neil, your Lincoln has really come up nicely mate. Well done and thanks for the WIP it is proving very useful for my RAAF MR.31. No way mine will look as good as this though. I hope alls well with you

Best regards

Callum

• Like 1

Hey Callum,

Great to hear from you, not seen much of you around here, how is life treating you?

So you're turning a nice looking lanc in to that long nosed bu***r then? lol

Uglyness aside, I'd love to see it, I know it will get Learstang jealous!

Cheers

Neil

• Like 3

G'day Neil,

Lifes good, I tend to get myself caught on Facebook (which is really Modelbook in my case) so I just run out of time for posting elsewhere (here)

I still drop in and see what everybody is up to though.

Once again thanks for your WIP it has been a handy reference for mine.

I'll post some pics of mine here when she is finished but if you want to check it out now and you are on Facebook she is here

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cals-Scale-Modelling/450573365091027

And she isn't ugly either she's beautiful :heart:

Take care and all the best

Regards Callum

Thanks for checking it out Neil :)

Can I ask if your bomb bay doors were warped when they came off the sprue from the Lanc kit. I had a lot of trouble getting the set on the silver Lanc and it buggered up the paint work abit. I've looked at the set for the Lincoln and both are warped outwards at the ends which is easy to bend back but will be a pain to attach after painting.

Have a great week end

regards

Callum

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I said to my Dad (88) "The Burra"...He was straight in with Hornet,100 Squadron ! He never worked/flew on it but it was a bit of a legend.

I showed him your pictures and he was ecstatic. He loved it,he told me to tell you that bought so many memories (never far from a Lincoln story though) and thank you for a brilliant job.

Thats from Lincoln man through and through. He has a 50 sqn badge taken off a Lincoln skin nailed to his garage wall,the bit where the Burra's badge is.

He was an Airframe Fitter on 50,57 and 60 Sqns and Flt Engineer on 50,57,60,61,101,BCBS,230 OCU at Waddington,Scampton,Binbrook,Lindholme,Upwood,Aden,Uganda,Egypt and Kenya (Mau Mau) Willie Tait's (Tirpitz raid etc.) Flt Eng for a while too.

Well done and thank you for showing!

Edited by bzn20
  • Like 1