E.E. Lightning GB

Col.

. I've no objection to What-ifs, be they a change of colour scheme/operating nation or an unbuilt project/figment of your imagination, so long as they are at least recognisable as a variant of the machine.

I'd sort of considered combining the fuselage/cockpit of the Sukhoi SU-7 with the wings/undercarriage/belly tank of the Lightning F6 .

Allan

• Like 1

As promised, a gaggle? of Lightnings - all Airfix 1/48, built when these kits first came out…..

….also found the tub, which is now on the work bench as it was never finished - didn't even make it to the shelf of doom……….

IMG_1461_zpsfbb69bf6.jpg

Not the greatest photo, but you get the idea…..

bring on the GB (fingers crossed)

SD

• Like 2

But no 11sqn machine - what an oversight on my part - needs to be rectified....instantly! Will dig a new one out of the stash and get cracking on it - must keep it away from Mrs SD though - I promised no new starts! :thumbsup:

SD

Edited by Swamp Donkey
  • Like 1

But no 11sqn machine - what an oversight on my part - needs to be rectified....instantly! Will dig a new one out of the stash and get cracking on it - must keep it away from Mrs SD though - I promised no new starts! :thumbsup:

Tell her that you are just gtting your hand in for the GB... :lol:

Can i join, ive got three Airfix 48ths in the stash F1/F3 and 2 F6s and loads of aftermarket and decals that ive collected,will be a Leuchars machine, palnning to do F3 74sqn machine,F6 23sqn white tail and a 11sqn, this will give me the boot up the #### to get them done (well at least one)

Wonderful collection of Lightnings SD & what's better you have more planned :thumbsup:

Already building a Matchbox F.6 for the obsolete GB, but I could see myself doing another one for an STGB. The Lightning was always my favourite at airshows, as a kid!

Good idea. One can never have enough Lightnings ;)

I have a 1/72 Trumpeter F.2 that I've been wanting to do as XM190 during the Churchill funeral overflight.

What better way than to do it in the, albeit virtual, company of other Lightning modellers.

I'd sort of considered combining the fuselage/cockpit of the Sukhoi SU-7 with the wings/undercarriage/belly tank of the Lightning F6 .

Allan

A sort of Lightning lite? Certainly sounds as if it would look the part. May I suggest the Lightning tailfin as well if you hadn't already planned to do so?

Can i join, ive got three Airfix 48ths in the stash F1/F3 and 2 F6s and loads of aftermarket and decals that ive collected,will be a Leuchars machine, palnning to do F3 74sqn machine,F6 23sqn white tail and a 11sqn, this will give me the boot up the #### to get them done (well at least one)

Yes, yes you can, any one of those sounds a great choice.

One can never have enough Lightnings ;)

Sadly, I don't have any... :fraidnot:

Well... okay... I have an ancient Hasegawa F6 in The Stash but none on my display shelves. I did have a Trumpy F6 in The Stash, but I was disappointed with it (and also a little angry :shrug: ) so I got rid.

Reeeely looking forward to the Airfix kit. :bounce: I wonder if Freightdog or Heritage will produce fins and tanks to allow it to be converted into earlier versions.

Well that's us 15 strong already and therefore reached the first requirement for an STGB to occur. Obviously the more the merrier so don't be shy if you wish to join in the fun and haven't registered an interest yet.

As a little inspiration have a look at this thread posted not long ago http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234948019-for-lightening-fans/

Sadly, I don't have any... :fraidnot:

Well... okay... I have an ancient Hasegawa F6 in The Stash but none on my display shelves. I did have a Trumpy F6 in The Stash, but I was disappointed with it (and also a little angry :shrug: ) so I got rid.

Reeeely looking forward to the Airfix kit. :bounce: I wonder if Freightdog or Heritage will produce fins and tanks to allow it to be converted into earlier versions.

Me neither Enzo but there is one Grand Pheonix kit lurking in the imidiate stash vying for attention soon.

Perhaps Airfix will follow the new 72nd kit with other versions shortly to save conversion work?

Perhaps Airfix will follow the new 72nd kit with other versions shortly to save conversion work?

The problem I can see is that all the earlier version will require both new fuselages and wings. It would effectively be a whole new kit! However, I'm perfectly happy to cut down the wings provided I can get a decent tank and fin. :hmmm: maybe I should look for some old Airfix kits to provide those parts...

My dear fellow - do you *really* need to ask?

Why 1:144 of course! ;)

OK - so I lied...

Iain

I knew someone had to have that Revell kit lurking in their stash! :lol: Seriously though, let me guess, Trumpeter 32nd kit with a few 'minor modifications' perhaps?

I might be in, depends on the date and time frame!

Alex

We'll find out if and when once the votes have been cast but I'll put your name down for the meantime Alex ;)

Might as well put my name in for this one, I'm down for the Sabre GB and the Trainer GB if it goes through. Hopefully they'll be nicely spaced through the year, not one after the other or all at the same time

Something in 1/72 hopefully the brand spanking new Airfix kit

• Like 1

Might as well put my name in for this one, I'm down for the Sabre GB and the Trainer GB if it goes through. Hopefully they'll be nicely spaced through the year, not one after the other or all at the same time

Something in 1/72 hopefully the brand spanking new Airfix kit

Got your name on the list fella.

I'm sure Mish will keep everything nicely spaced to avoid congestion and too much overlap. With the large number of GBs and STGBs being proposed this one is a while away so we have plenty time to prepair if it does go ahead.

Got your name on the list fella.

I'm sure Mish will keep everything nicely spaced to avoid congestion and too much overlap. With the large number of GBs and STGBs being proposed this one is a while away so we have plenty time to prepair if it does go ahead.

that depends on how many coffees she's had!!!! :bleh: