A pair of Hawkeyes

Hi All,

Just finished in time for Telford, two 1:144 Revell Hawkeyes one is a retro conversion to an E-2B from 1967 and the other a conversion to an E-2C with the new sabre blade props which were a resin set from Retro wings. First here is the E-2B:

S7304170.jpg

S7304169.jpg

Then the updated E-2C:

S7304168.jpg

S7304166.jpg

Then the two together on the completed "History of U.S Naval AEW Aircraft" :

Display4.jpg

E-2s.jpg

Display7.jpg

Display3.jpg

Display2.jpg

Hope you like them and thanks for looking.

Ian S.

Very very nice pair. Particularly the second. Love the collection and the ingenious way you have presented them all. A really interesting piece. :speak_cool:

I'm really getting into 1/144 and so these are absolutely stunning and the method of display is very imaginative!

Excellent collection and, as Rob C comments, great presentation. Any more pics of the E2s?

Jonbru,

Hers's some of the undersides :

S7304174.jpg

S7304173.jpg

S7304171.jpg

S7304172-1.jpg

The decals for the E-2B were scanned and scaled down by 50% from the decal sheet for the old Fujimi kit. The under fuselage cable conduit was sanded off and a new nose was made from Tamiya putty as was the smaller heat exchanger that is on top of the fuselage. A relatively easy conversion, however the 8 bladed resin props on the E-2C were a real b**ch to do and took hours with the 3 lots of decals on every blade.

Cheers

Ian S.

Thanks Ian, great effort.

Jonbru,

Hers's some of the undersides :

S7304174.jpg

S7304173.jpg

S7304171.jpg

S7304172-1.jpg

The decals for the E-2B were scanned and scaled down by 50% from the decal sheet for the old Fujimi kit. The under fuselage cable conduit was sanded off and a new nose was made from Tamiya putty as was the smaller heat exchanger that is on top of the fuselage. A relatively easy conversion, however the 8 bladed resin props on the E-2C were a real b**ch to do and took hours with the 3 lots of decals on every blade.

Cheers

I have to ask, where did you get the 8 bladed props, are they available commercially?

XVTonker :pilot:

Ian S.

Great Work Ian.....

But I hate threads like this because not only do I get depressed seeing you produce better finished and more detailed models in 1/144 than I can make in 1/48, but I also look at your other models there and see a plane that I never knew existed before, a US Navy B-17 or as I now know its called a PB-1W, and I find myself trawling Ebay looking for a 1/48 B-17 and the Paragon conversion kit.......dam you :wall:

But seriously really love your display, cant wait to see them at Telford :wow:

Richard

Julien,

Yes mate they've got their space reserved on the 144 SIG Table along with my Wedgetail AEW and the Embraer R-99A. Really looking forward to Telford to pick up the next batch of 1444 AEW aircraft from Hannants !

See you there, are you going to the Britmodeller get together at 1300hrs in Hall 1 next to the Kit Swap?

Cheers

Ian S