All in all a nice, easy build. There are a few amateur tell tale signs (like that big paint smudge on the fin insignia) I need to neaten up. But by my standards this is pretty good, and overall i'm very happy with this :)

main.jpg

IMG_6867.jpg

IMG_6862.jpg

IMG_6866.jpg

IMG_6869_2.jpg

IMG_6870.jpg

front.jpg

Chris x

• Like 18

Nice! these new Airfix Lightnings are a joy- did my first recently. Yours looks great in74sqn livery. :goodjob:

You can get that paint smudge off with a cotton bud and some thinner if you have some or, depending on what you used... water based, use meths/ enamel, use white spirit.

Edited by Dave N
  • Like 1

Nice! these new Airfix Lightnings are a joy- did my first recently. Yours looks great in Treble One livery.

Pretty sure that's 74 not 111. But a very fine build indeed.

• Like 1

Nice! these new Airfix Lightnings are a joy- did my first recently. Yours looks great in Treble One livery.

Pretty sure that's 74 not 111. But a very fine build indeed.

Ouch! ...thanks for the save...(I really should do better- my dad was on 74) D.

Edited by Dave N

Looks fantastic, I have my eye on this kit. I remember my brother had a natural metal lightning with black fin in the 80s, probably the matchbox.

Thoug I'm confused by the 11 squadron decal option, the insignia for which aren't the twin eagle and yellow triangle on black around the rounded but something else entirely,

Great show! It looks like a Lightning, and a beautiful one at that!

Well done!

At least the 'weathering' is not straight across the canopy! That's trickier to explain rationally, trust me and do not ask me how I know!

What's next?

JR