Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Max Headroom

Gold Member
  • Content count

    6,937
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Max Headroom last won the day on July 7 2017

Max Headroom had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

5,733 Excellent

2 Followers

About Max Headroom

  • Rank
    An occasional assembler of bits of plastic
  • Birthday 06/05/1960

Contact Methods

  • Website URL
    http://

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    not far from 53*17'N 3*03'W
  • Interests
    British aircraft WWII to approx 1980's.

Recent Profile Visitors

7,967 profile views
  1. We're here four the money!

    a 50m exclusion zone
  2. We're here four the money!

    Ooh sugar rush! Nurse!!
  3. Beaufighter Mark Differences

    There are also three types of tailplane shape in addition to the dihedral, although I haven’t nailed down when each type was factory fitted. This boils down to the percentage of stabiliser to tailplane. Thanks to help from @Jamie @ Sovereign Hobbies I was able to work out the configuration for my Tamiya Mk.I. If it helps here is a link to my build. My thread itself also has a link to an earlier thread with details of an article from Scale Models which may also be useful. Hope this helps. Trevor
  4. We're here four the money!

    with custard taste ok I suppose you could use them in a bread and butter pudding?
  5. Evening everybods! A short session with the Milliput this evening. This was mainly for the benefit of that join between the kit part and the Aeroclub replacement dorsal insert. The fit of the Matchbox lid wasn’t stellar anyway if memory serves, so I was resigned to using a lot of filler here anyway. So I mixed a goodly lump together, rolling into a thin sausage shape and doubling it back and rolling again. I did this for about five minutes in order to thoroughly mix the two parts and also to make it warm from the heat of my hands so making it more malleable. Here is the result. This is where I am up to this evening. I’ll let it harden overnight. Tomorrow I predict lots of sanding, filing and polishing. Oh joy. Trevor
  6. We're here four the money!

    Ossifer! Arrest that personage!!
  7. We're here four the money!

    there were fingerprints everywhere
  8. We're here four the money!

    of fire (ooerr, lyrical!)
  9. We're here four the money!

    can pronounce backwards without
  10. We're here four the money!

    What’s wrong with Staines? Barry Scott? Stains (Staines)?? Oh suit yourself
  11. Using other peoples photographs.

    I think there’s a ‘fair use’ law in the USA but unsure about the UK. Trevor
  12. We're here four the money!

    in the pouring rain
  13. We're here four the money!

    to BBC Home Service
  14. Return to modelling: Matchbox Gloster Meteor

    That is looking really nice. I’m a bit late in offering advice but for paint ridges between adjacent colours I now use Micromesh. It comes in various forms but mine comprised about half a dozen strips of material which you wrap around a sponge. The grades go ever finer and you rub the affected part at 90 degrees to the previous rubbing. It’s more of a polisher than an abrasive and I find that a few swipes with the two finest grades is enough to remove most ridges. It’s very good for polishing canopies too. I agree that the model is a bit of a putty monster and I’m currently converting mine into a PR.10. Having built one when they first appeared I was aware of the ‘orrid gap at the root of the underwing so on mine I have applied the undersides first in order to fill in the gaps. Plenty of blending in with filler. Look at all that swarf! I also scribed the missing flap lines too. Looking forward to your next instalment. Trevor
  15. We're here four the money!

    such as cardboard cut-outs
×