Republic P-47D-22 Kansas Tornado II (Tamiya 1/72)

• AC87 changed the title to Republic P-47D-22 Kansas Tornado II (Tamiya 1/72)
15 hours ago, Binbrooksumpy said:

Stunning. How did you achieve the removed D-Day stripes effect on the wings

Many thanks! 

It's just a thin layer of airbrush paint applied.

• Like 1

Yowzah! My favorite bare metal P-47D razorback! Museum quality in all respects. You did an excellent job duplicating the removed invasion stripes on the upper surfaces. One of the best builds of the excellent Tamiya kit I have seen in  a while, too. You should be proud of this model. The pilot of Kansas Tornado,  Howard Curran,   also flew an F-80C in the Korean war with the same nickname. I am bettingt @Tbolt will like this one, too! :goodjob:

Mike

Here's a photo of Curran's other Kansas Tornado:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CaoWtH9W8AAK9GE?format=jpg&name=large

Here is an illustration of his F-80C, for which there are 1/72 and 1/48 decals:. Photo via Aero Works.

pict1230.png

• Like 4

4 hours ago, 72modeler said:

Yowzah! My favorite bare metal P-47D razorback! Museum quality in all respects. You did an excellent job duplicating the removed invasion stripes on the upper surfaces. One of the best builds of the excellent Tamiya kit I have seen in  a while, too. You should be proud of this model. The pilot of Kansas Tornado,  Howard Curran,   also flew an F-80C in the Korean war with the same nickname. I am bettingt @Tbolt will like this one, too! :goodjob:

Mike

Here's a photo of Curran's other Kansas Tornado:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CaoWtH9W8AAK9GE?format=jpg&name=large

Here is an illustration of his F-80C, for which there are 1/72 and 1/48 decals:. Photo via Aero Works.

pict1230.png

Thansk!

Yes, it's very interesting. I even wanted to make such a variant of P-80

This Razorback is just unbelievable.  Getting a metal finish is hard, but your weathering and finish of the kit is just superb.  Thanks for sharing.