P-40F-1 Warhawk (Special Hobby 1/72)

Greetings. The model was assembled several years ago.

The old kit from Special Hobby was not easy to assemble, the contents of the cockpit are not true, empty landing gear niches, empty air ducts that are saturated in the P-40, and so on. Some castings are unsuitable in detail. I couldn’t find any third-party add-ons for the set from Special Hobby. Therefore, the modification work was not easy - in addition to significant modifications of my own, I used a lot of etched and resin products for other sets that had to be adapted for Special Hobby.

Acrylic painting. Bottom surfaces are Tamiya Neutral Gray. The upper surfaces were first painted with “Olive drab” from Gunze, and on top of it – “Tan” from the same Gunze, after which “shabbyness” was done to the bottom color using “Worn effects” liquid from AK.

*Sorry for the automatic translation

000.jpg

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

• Like 51

This looks like the third entry of made models from you and this is just as good as the first two.  The detail belies the scale as it seems as if I am looking at a 1/32 kit from Tamiya.  I mean that as a compliment.  That is just plumb lovely work.  Thanks for sharing.

• Thanks 1