The Fleets In-U.S. Naval Air 1910 to Present Chat

• 2 weeks later...

To go with the FJ-1 my family bought me for Christmas, they also bought me this for my recent birthday-

DSC09941-crop

I could only get the Marines boxing but I assume that will be eligible? It will be interesting to see how it compares with its big brother, the Banshee.

Pete

Edited by PeterB
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, helios16v said:

USMC is part of the Dept of the Navy and do deploy with the fleet.

Just don't tell the Navy that, or the Marines for that matter.But Marines livery is always welcome.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I don’t know yet if I’m going to do a full build for this GB, despite wanting too.  I’ve got a couple USN WiPs that I’ll likely work instead.  1/72 F-14A, 1/72 F-8E, and a 1/48 RA-5C.  Hopefully I’ll at least have some new completions for the inspiration gallery.

But I frequently don’t do the “smart thing, so there may be something yet.  We’ll see how much time is left after the NATO GB.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

embed?resid=EB6FF6FF8ECA9C53!28802&authk

I think I can finally start my 'Tomcatters' kits that I have been collecting :) Initially I was just planning to do VF-31 jet age aircraft starting from F9F Panther - but a Buffalo with VF-3 Tomcatters markings found it's way to my stash recently, so I might start there. We will see how I feel when I get started.

• Like 7

Looks like there are more than a few worthy candidates reini. You may have to utilise the executive decision apparatus (toss of the coin).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, reini said:

embed?resid=EB6FF6FF8ECA9C53!28802&authk

I think I can finally start my 'Tomcatters' kits that I have been collecting :) Initially I was just planning to do VF-31 jet age aircraft starting from F9F Panther - but a Buffalo with VF-3 Tomcatters markings found it's way to my stash recently, so I might start there. We will see how I feel when I get started.

Nice collection don't forget the “E” Superbug in the future. 

• Like 1

I do hope, this isn't going to be just a 'LIKE' GB. Meaningful and constructive comment is what is required...

• Like 1

I dare say Colin once plastic bits start flying about in earnest, this place will be a chatterbox of the who, what , where, when and why.

Which almost sounds like a solicitors firm.:hmmm:

6 hours ago, LorenSharp said:

I dare say Colin once plastic bits start flying about in earnest, this place will be a chatterbox of the who, what , where, when and why.

Which almost sounds like a solicitors firm.:hmmm:

On my model railway layout, there is a solicitors firm called Boots, Boots, Boots, Boots, Marchinup and Downagen.    Thanks to The Goodies for that one.  :)    There is also a sidestreet called Malthouse Passage.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Enzo the Magnificent said:

On my model railway layout, there is a solicitors firm called Boots, Boots, Boots, Boots, Marchinup and Downagen.    Thanks to The Goodies for that one.  :)    There is also a sidestreet called Malthouse Passage.

At least it not Dewey, Cheatem and Howe, Esq. Experts in accident law.

• Haha 2

I haven't participated in a GB in ages, and I've never actually completed a model during the GB timeframe, but undeterred, I shall throw my hat in the ring in the form of an Academy (ex-Accurate Miniatures) Grumman F3F-2.

• Like 5

Then it's about time.Finishing the model's not the goal,though an admiral trait. Having fun and seeing what you can come up with is.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hey they're my Barristers ! 

Lucky you:evil_laugh:

• Haha 1

Loren,

I wasn't one of the original signatories for this GB, but I hope that it is not too late to join in the fun. I am sure that I could find a couple of small but colourful subjects to fit the bill.

John

• Like 1

You are always welcome John. Take a seat and a bench spot and beginst ta building. Welcome Aboard!

• Like 1