Focke-Wulf Fw 190A-6 & A-7 - Reich defence Würgers

Hello everyone!

Here are my latest kits, a couple of Mark I Models 1:144 Focke-Wulf Fw 190As. These were reboxed Eduard kits with resin cockpits added and a new selection of decals for, in this case, A-6 and A-7 variants, of which I have built one of each.

0417-17.jpg

0416-17.jpg

The kits built up well with minimum fuss, just cleaning up parts and mating surfaces being needed. The only major flaw, the overly long main undercarriage legs, was fixed by removing 1mm from the top of the doors and legs. Apart from that, I shortened the gun barrels a bit and replaced the tail mast as it was too flimsy.

I added a few missing details, all from stretched sprue: the underside aerials, the wing probe, main u/c retraction arms, the ETC rack sway bars and the radio wires. In the case of the A-6, I modified the main doors to shorten them at the bottom and scratchbuilt inner doors from thin plastic (initially, the A-6 had two-part doors).

The kits were fully painted and varnished with brush. I am very pleased with how they came out although the only let down was that the contrast between the Pollyscale RLM75 and Xtracrylix RLM74 became minimal under the matt varnish.

First: Focke-Wulf Fw 190A-7 "Red 13", flown by Heinz Bär, II./JG1, Luftwaffe, Störmede, Germany, April 1944.

0417-02.jpg

0417-03.jpg

0417-05.jpg

0417-06.jpg

0417-10.jpg

0417-12.jpg

0417-13.jpg

0417-16.jpg

0417-15.jpg

Second: Focke-Wulf Fw 190A-6 "Green 1", flown by Hans-Joachim "Hajo" Herrmann, Stab/Versuchskommando Herrmann, Luftwaffe, Bonn-Hangelar, Germany, August 1943. Versuchskommando Herrmann was established in late June 1943 with Herrmann and several other retrained bomber pilots who had experience in blind flying to test the concept of what would become known as "Wilde Sau". Two months later, it was redesignated JG300, the first of the Wilde Sau units.

0416-02.jpg

0416-05.jpg

0416-13.jpg

0416-10.jpg

0416-12.jpg

Thanks for looking and all comments are welcome.
Miguel

• Like 27

Hi Miguel,

Amazing builds! 1/144 FW 190 are tiny and your result is plain fantastic. Adding a resin cockpit may seem redundant in this scale, but I appreciate the effort, and you know it is there.

So congratulations are in order

Super well done

JR

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, jean said:

Hi Miguel,

Amazing builds! 1/144 FW 190 are tiny and your result is plain fantastic. Adding a resin cockpit may seem redundant in this scale, but I appreciate the effort, and you know it is there.

So congratulations are in order

Super well done

JR

As far as the Fw 190 is concerned, you're right about the cockpit!

12 hours ago, ModelingEdmontonian said:

There's no way that can be 1/144! Remarkable!

10 hours ago, mick said:

great work

10 hours ago, ianBke said:

What fab work at am amazing scale 😲

10 hours ago, Samuraiwarrior said:

Lovely work there. 

It's surprising how good 1/144 kits can look with some care and attention to detail. 

Nice. 

Thanks for sharing 

Kevin 

A big thanks to all for your comments and praise 😃!

Miguel

It is just so hard to wrap my head around the fact these are miniscule 1/144 scale kits.  They are so finely done and intricately detailed that they look like they should be at least 1/48 if not 1/32.  Your eyesight and dexterity skills must be amazing.  Thanks for sharing.  

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, georgeusa said:

It is just so hard to wrap my head around the fact these are miniscule 1/144 scale kits.  They are so finely done and intricately detailed that they look like they should be at least 1/48 if not 1/32.  Your eyesight and dexterity skills must be amazing.  Thanks for sharing.  

14 hours ago, Winded Penguin said:

Wow, putting radio wires on 1/144 scale models is insane 👍

Thank you very much. Headband magnifiers really make a difference and no, my eyesight is a far cry from what it used to be! Straightfoward wires aren't too difficult but rigging in 1:144 is another matter... I haven't tried it yet 😉!

Miguel

On 25/04/2023 at 03:44, ernestf said:

impressive details in this scale !!

Well done

Ernest

On 25/04/2023 at 08:16, Watto said:

Fantastic work in such a small scale is very impressive. 

Well done 👏

Many thanks!

Miguel