FW 190 D-9 " Black < . + - " Stab II./ JG 6 1945 Tamiya 1:72

Hi Guys, 

As probably some of you, I have some models build several years ago .. 15/ 20 years ? who remember ?? 😁. So let me share with you my " Antiques" .

Here is one of my fav planes, FW 190-D. In terms of Luftwaffe camouflages, last year of the war in Europe is a very interesting  period  for me. there were "regulations" and also , frequently the use of " whatever you have in stock" for painting aircrafts at that time, with many parts build by german " cottage industry". 

My 190-D is based on Japo  Fw 190 D camouflage & markings Part 1 book description . 

Painted if I remember with Gunze paints. lacks the antenna wiring 🤭 and I left the Tamiya wheel wells as they where ( which  is not adequate for this model  )What a lazy man I am 😆

I added an AB 250 dispenser bomb ,  Fw 190-D9 of JG 6 ( as many others)  were frequently used  for ground attack missions trying to stop Russian troops going forward into Germany . 

The pics 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Hope you'll like it  

Thanks for seeing  ! 

• Like 40

1 hour ago, russ c said:

Beautifully done `190 there Francois, really nice work

thanks Russ , Appreciate !!

1 hour ago, georgeusa said:

That's a really nice build and paint job being it was done 15 to 20 years ago.  It has stood time well.  Thanks for sharing.  Do you remember the kit and scale?

Thanks a lot  ! It's Tamiya 1:72nd scale

That is one excellent Dora! You seem to have done your research and I am sure the effect is intentional, as there's some very fine paintwork on the tail and vertical stabilizer (brown mottling) and some rough patches that look like repaints on the real machine. Late Luftwaffe indeed!

What coat/varnish did you use for the top coat?

1 hour ago, Ventsislav Gramatski said:

That is one excellent Dora! You seem to have done your research and I am sure the effect is intentional, as there's some very fine paintwork on the tail and vertical stabilizer (brown mottling) and some rough patches that look like repaints on the real machine. Late Luftwaffe indeed!

What coat/varnish did you use for the top coat?

Hi Ventsislav, Thank you for your kind comment ! Yes I try to do some research before building a model, at my level .. rough patches on the side seems to be hand painted to cover previous marking ( a number I guess) so I did it that way ..brushing .On another hand I used several shades of RLM 76 as I guessed that different parts of the plane came from différent building places. 

I used gunze matt varnish available at that time with high dilution rate  ( let's say 10/90 ) 

hope I answered your question 😉

Take care 

best regards !

• Like 1