Spitfire PR.IV - Finished

4 minutes ago, ModelingEdmontonian said:

Lovely progress, @bigbadbadge, and the canopy is looking good to me. Also, are you working on "phrases" in any language other than English?

Thanks ME, i have just been filling the edges to make the joints as good as I can.  I used dome French language too 😄 

Thanks Chris

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

the blade slipped on the windscreen and the sliding portion, after a few well known Anglo Saxon phrases were said

It's this time of year, I'm telling ya! In between getting through a massive list of chores I decided to visit the man cave today. End result, engine controls and mounting bracket devoured by the carpet monster. No more modelling until tranquility returns, I've run out of curse words! 

Richie

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

34 minutes ago, RichieW said:

It's this time of year, I'm telling ya! In between getting through a massive list of chores I decided to visit the man cave today. End result, engine controls and mounting bracket devoured by the carpet monster. No more modelling until tranquility returns, I've run out of curse words! 

Richie

Oh man , that's not on is it!!!  It might be worth a visit back to the mancave Richie as you might find them after a break.  I had the same and the following day I found it, in a place I was not expecting   phew. Might be worth a try. 

Chris

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Johnson said:

Those Rob Tarus canopies are very nice, but so hard to cut out!

hopefully not a long wait.

Yes it looked great , I was going very slowly and it was on the top where I had the issues.   Fingers crossed for the post now,  thanks Charlie 

Chris

• Like 1

Hi all

A bit more progress on the Spitfire. 

Windscreen frame painted interior grey green, undercarrige legs fitted along with radiator, oil cooler and air intake. 

I am pleased to say everything fitted nicely with minimal fettling. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Not sure which ones to use, kit or PE 🤔

spacer.png

First all over coat of PRU blue

spacer.png

Thanks for looking

Chris

• Like 16

Keeping on keeping on, Chris.  The paint has a very worn look about it while it's still in progress - you could almost leave it as it is and call it a late war heavily weathered airframe!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Coming on a treat Chris.

6 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Not sure which ones to use, kit or PE 🤔

I'd go for kit (not a great PE fan). But either will be OK good!

Looking forward to making this kit!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good work Chris, it's brilliant to see someone persevering in orderly fashion! The PRU blue looks lovely. Sword seem to make very good kits, they're a new one on me. 

Richie

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mark.au said:

Keeping on keeping on, Chris.  The paint has a very worn look about it while it's still in progress - you could almost leave it as it is and call it a late war heavily weathered airframe!

Thanks Mark, it does look very worn , I will have to paint another cost then will lighten the panels a bit , but not too much on this one as this airframe only completed 16 missions before being lost.  I do have another one in the stash and may do another airframe or re do this one with as much cockpit detail as possible, will have to see

57 minutes ago, Johnson said:

Coming on a treat Chris.

I'd go for kit (not a great PE fan). But either will be OK good!

Looking forward to making this kit!

Thanks Charlie, good point, the PE is a bit flat  I was thinking of adding some thin plasticard to the inside of the PE doors or could thin the kit ones down a bit🤔

You will enjoy this kit.

46 minutes ago, RichieW said:

Good work Chris, it's brilliant to see someone persevering in orderly fashion! The PRU blue looks lovely. Sword seem to make very good kits, they're a new one on me. 

Richie

Thanks Richie, I do love PRU blue.  The Sword kits are lovely Richie, they are short run so do require some fettling,  butvthey do some great subjects that are not covered by other manufacturers. Got a few of their kits in the stash

33 minutes ago, Ngantek said:

Nice work Chris. The lack of exhausts, PRU windscreen, missing hood and off colour cowling give it a really cool type 300 vibe at the moment...

Thanks Andy, I do have a started 72 nd Prototype Spitfire conversion which I might have to pick up again soon too, also got a 32nd kit and conversion as well.   So watch this space. 

Thanks guys 

Chris

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AliGauld said:

Looking absolutely splendid.

Glad to see the PRU Blue going down.

Along with Azure Blue it's one of my favourite RAF colours.

Looking forward to further progress.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair,  it is a cracking colour, I have a Hudson to do in PRU blue too, can't wait to start that, but will have to resist for now.

Chris

• Like 3

Looking fabulous, Chris, the finish looks amazing although I realise you need it to look "newer" for AA810 - it's certainly something I could (try to) emulate for my PR.XI. 

The whole kit just looks lovely, I wish I'd built one sooner but it'll wait for the Recce GB!

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, 2996 Victor said:

The whole kit just looks lovely

2 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

It is a nice kit Mark

I can only agree with the honourable Gentleman.

It was this kit that made me fall in love with Sword kits and they haven't disappointed so far.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 3

15 hours ago, AliGauld said:

I can only agree with the honourable Gentleman.

It was this kit that made me fall in love with Sword kits and they haven't disappointed so far.

Cheers,

Alistair

I've got a couple of other Sword kits in my stash, apart from the Spitfire PR.IV: a Ki-44 Shoki and a Beech Staggerwing. Looking forward to those!

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 3

4 hours ago, 2996 Victor said:

I've got a couple of other Sword kits in my stash, apart from the Spitfire PR.IV: a Ki-44 Shoki and a Beech Staggerwing. Looking forward to those!

Cheers,

Mark

They are nice Mark,  I have built their Skyraider AEW.1 which was very nice, a half built Sea Gladiator, 2 Avengers and an Auster in 48th scale. The Staggerwing sounds interesting. 

Chris

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

They are nice Mark,  I have built their Skyraider AEW.1 which was very nice, a half built Sea Gladiator, 2 Avengers and an Auster in 48th scale. The Staggerwing sounds interesting. 

Chris

Thanks, Chris, that's great to know! Forgot to mention I've also got their FIAT G.55 Centauro double kit! How's the Sea Gladiator? 

I'm looking at the Sword kits currently available to see what I might like!

Cheers,

Mark 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, 2996 Victor said:

Thanks, Chris, that's great to know! Forgot to mention I've also got their FIAT G.55 Centauro double kit! How's the Sea Gladiator? 

I'm looking at the Sword kits currently available to see what I might like!

Cheers,

Mark 

No worries Mark, the Sea Gladiator has been nice so far and is quite nicely detailed too, must get that one finished too. 

The Avenger kits look lovely.

Building this Spitfire and the unofficial GB ones has made me think that I will try and have a Spitfire on the go all the time as a distraction build in the backround .  

Chris

• Like 4