1/48 - Lockheed-Martin F-35A & B Lightning II by Tamiya - released

Homebee

I would have put good money (well, no more than a fiver) on Tamiya releasing a 1:48 F-4J by now. When the F-4B was released, Tamiya produced a 'Detail-Up' decal sheet to go with it. It was headed F-4B/F-4J and had areas of stencilling identified as belonging to one or the other.

Tamiya are a tease!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paperback writer said:

I would have put good money (well, no more than a fiver) on Tamiya releasing a 1:48 F-4J by now. When the F-4B was released, Tamiya produced a 'Detail-Up' decal sheet to go with it. It was headed F-4B/F-4J and had areas of stencilling identified as belonging to one or the other.

Tamiya are a tease!

The kit has parts for F-4J or C/D. I m no Phantom expert. But there are parts for more versions. After 3 years, if they haven't released a new version, I m afraid, we are going down the path of their F-16. F-16 kit detail up parts had 2 sets of seatbelts. The top fuselage was molded in 2 halves too as if to accommodate another version of forward fuselage.  But we never saw a 2 seat version.

Sorry, I dont mean to derail the thread. 

Edited by stalal

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Lockheed-Martin F-35A & B Lightning II by Tamiya - released
On 11/23/2023 at 12:49 PM, Homebee said:

Reported just released and even in stock in some North American & Canadian hobby shops.

Sources:

https://wheelswingshobbies.com/tamiya-1-48-lockheed-martin-us-f-35b-lightning-ii/

https://www.tamiyausa.com/shop/148-aircraft/lockheed-f-35-b-lightning-ii/

TA2.png

TA.png

V.P.

I can confirm it's out as I picked one up today from Wheels and Wings. The instructions are 58 pages!

On 11/25/2023 at 2:28 PM, FG2Si said:

I can confirm it's out as I picked one up today from Wheels and Wings. The instructions are 58 pages!

Yup, I had one in my hands in Edmonton yesterday, $139.99 Cdn. I decided against it though.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, wellsprop said:

Well I need one of these to complete my Fleet Air Arm jets collection. Good timing as well, seeing as 809 NAS stand up in the next couple of weeks, with the F35b. 

I fully agree with you.

But we will probably have to wait a specific 1/48 decal sheet about it, to be produced after the 809 NAS F-35B tail markings will be revealed.

Lets wait and see.

😎

SharkOwl

spacer.png

Edited by SharkOwl
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Shaun said:

Anyone else see the 809Sqn marked F-35B in the stand up event this week.

Nice but I wonder how long it will last in service...? And if there is a more "standard version" marking? 

Rich

spacer.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, RichG said:

Nice but I wonder how long it will last in service...? And if there is a more "standard version" marking? 

Rich

spacer.png

Scramble Magazine is mentionning this :

''Sadly the jets do not carry individual unit markings, and it is expected that will not change with 809NAS joining the ranks.''

😎

SharkOwl

Reference article here :

https://scramble.nl/military-news/809nas-immortal

• 2 weeks later...