We're in the pipe, five by five! Above the Karman Line (space, real or SciFi) is GO for 2023!

bianfuxia

If you're a reader planning a V2 build in the Pillars of Fire build, and PoF GB doesn't happen, and this GB somehow gets enough votes to prevail....then this is just to confirm that a V2 is welcome in Above the Karman Line; a V2 being, of course, the first thing to ever fly Above the Karman Line!

• Like 3

On 11/5/2022 at 5:33 AM, bianfuxia said:

If you're a reader planning a V2 build in the Pillars of Fire build, and PoF GB doesn't happen, and this GB somehow gets enough votes to prevail....then this is just to confirm that a V2 is welcome in Above the Karman Line; a V2 being, of course, the first thing to ever fly Above the Karman Line!

hmmm....i wonder if v2's came in desert camo? 🤔😉

just kidding. i really hope this goes through i really wanna do a sci fi build.

• Like 1

Thinking about a small scale build I've had in mind for a while, in case the small scales GB doesn't get up - would things used to train astronauts/cosmonauts count? I'm thinking about vomit comets (also a Roscosmos L-39) - or would they be disqualified as they don't go above the Karman line, they just train the people who'll go there?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, zebra said:

Thinking about a small scale build I've had in mind for a while, in case the small scales GB doesn't get up - would things used to train astronauts/cosmonauts count? I'm thinking about vomit comets (also a Roscosmos L-39) - or would they be disqualified as they don't go above the Karman line, they just train the people who'll go there?

Well it's all moot unless the GB gets up. :)

I mean, if the model included the pilot figure and he/she was a "flown' cosmonaut, then i think it'd be welcome!

I'd encourage you to vote for Above the Karman Line and we'll take it from there :) 

19 hours ago, Enzo the Magnificent said:

Just paint it a dark red colour and say it's how it will look in a thousand years. 

Or you can paint it blue and charge $4.99 a month for it 😉

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bertie McBoatface said:

Would somebody mind explaining this one to me? I've been puzzled for hours

After his takeover of the Twitter, Elon Musk has decided to charge a monthly fee for a blue tick that shows your account is verified. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• bianfuxia changed the title to We need a couple more votes to get back Above the GB line! for Above the Karman Line (space, real or SciFi)

Yep same here if this GB doesn't make it then I am making as many of the others a de facto space GB as I can. 

Shuttles and booster rockets in the transporters build; Apollo sea recovery in SSD, 1/24 Gemini in large scale, 1/200 Saturn V in small scale...people will be wishing they just voted for AKL! 🤣

• Like 3

• bianfuxia changed the title to We're in the pipe, five by five! Above the Karman Line (space, real or SciFi) is GO for 2023!