Jump to content

1/72 - Piper PA-23 Apache 3D printed kit by VFR Models - released


Homebee
 Share

Recommended Posts

VFR Models (https://vfrmodels.co.uk/shop/ & https://www.facebook.com/vfrmodels/) has released a 1/72nd Piper PA-23 Apache 3D printed kit - ref. VFR7201200

Sources: 

https://vfrmodels.co.uk/product/172-piper-pa-23-apache/

https://www.facebook.com/vfrmodels/posts/354826259888848

 

275932870-354826043222203-68249286344472


275927742-354826096555531-31674614409865


275949787-354826073222200-47347729436951
 

V.P.

 

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nice! I'll have at least one.

 

Hope they follow up with an Aztec ... One of my favourites as a pilot, and not the easiest conversion from an Apache in 1:72.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have some of the IFR kits, the printed parts for the airframes are good, with hardly any stepping.

The weakness are the vacuformed clear parts, I think they should contract them out to someone who can make cleaner and better fitting transparencies.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Admiral Puff said:

Nice! I'll have at least one.

 

Hope they follow up with an Aztec ... One of my favourites as a pilot, and not the easiest conversion from an Apache in 1:72.

Heretofore I have always thought that an Aztec was simply an improved Apache, with more powerful engines, a longer nose, and a larger, swept vertical fin. Is this not the case?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nice selection they have and in 1/72. Nice that they aren't a fortune like a lot of the 1/72 light aircraft. Have to get some.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Piper PA-23 Apache 3D printed kit by VFR Models - released
  • 2 months later...

With great pleasure, I just received my Apache. It looks to be a very nice kit and will get on with it soon.  I can't  wait for the Beagle now.    I still hope for the Auster family .....they are sort of related to Beagles.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/16/2022 at 3:44 PM, Space Ranger said:

Heretofore I have always thought that an Aztec was simply an improved Apache, with more powerful engines, a longer nose, and a larger, swept vertical fin. Is this not the case?

Sort of I think, looking on Wikipedia, it was less clear cut than just that but certainly the Apache evolved into the Aztec, though the Aztec appears to have a longer cabin as well & how much commonality there was I don't know.

Steve.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The wings are very much similar. But larger engine cowls longer fuselage and the fin are the main exterior visible signs of  difference. The cabin area the same but longer as rightly mentioned.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, stevehnz said:

Sort of I think, looking on Wikipedia, it was less clear cut than just that but certainly the Apache evolved into the Aztec, though the Aztec appears to have a longer cabin as well & how much commonality there was I don't know.

They share the same basic model number (PA-23) and the same Type Certificate, so I think we can safely say that the Aztec is an evolved Apache.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

After reading this thread I've now ordered an Apache! VFR seem to be producing models of some lovely and sadly neglected civil aircraft. Agree with Paul J, Austers would be very welcome!

Cheers,Paul

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...