Israeli Improvised Armoured Car, Type 1.

22 hours ago, Model Mate said:

Really good to see this one back - brilliant result John! The weathering looks spot on and really helps to complete the look.

12 hours ago, vytautas said:

Gotta agree with what others have said, this is top-notch work!

Vytautas

Many thanks to you both for the comments. It's almost finished and just needs a little bit of effort from me to get it over the line. Trouble is, I keep finding small jobs that need to be done to it.

John.

Darryl's comments about the wheels being cleaner than the rest of the vehicle were spot on, so I've revisited that area with the powders and the brush.

02561771-ef11-4379-ba41-eb7cfbb28963.JPG

I also made a couple of steps for each door from scrap etched brass strip and then drilled a couple of holes each side and glued them in place with some super glue gel.

80e1bc3c-6aca-4ecb-a062-33e1dc0aab6d.JPG

A couple of titification jobs such as dry brushing the camnet with Humbrol Bleached Teak, and also gave the same treatment to the edges of the angled plates.

Aerials added using .31mm nickel silver wire. Normally, I'd use Accurate Armour carbon fibre ones, but I've run out.

3c9cb91d-495c-4da7-9872-57d9b2099162.JPG

Headlamps glazed (with 4mm ones from Resicast) and glued in place. (They were a beggar to get into place).

b556b15f-baa9-469e-8bb8-2c82f55e3063.JPG

And finally, the last job (I hope, and one which I nearly forgot), two width indicators made from stretched sprue with small, plastic, triangular pieces glued to the tops, and glued into holes drilled in the front mudguards.

7dc3e554-9fad-4a3a-94f7-904f35c73c60.JPG

40559a49-3182-4b73-93e2-fc97af1630b4.JPG

c93b8192-b95e-4d39-87b2-2a5683009539.JPG

And that is definitely IT!! Once a suitable base has been knocked together, I'll be putting it into the RFI section. Thanks again for all those who have commented throughout this build. It really has been appreciated.

John.

• Like 13

28 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

And that is definitely IT

Definitely a tremendous build. Construction and painting have been awesome to behold. Inspirational!:clap:👍

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, echen said:

Definitely a tremendous build. Construction and painting have been awesome to behold. Inspirational!:clap:👍

6 hours ago, robgizlu said:

Haven't looked in for a while - this is looking Tremendous :thumbsup:

Rob

Thanks both of you for your comments. It was a long haul, but I'm pleased with the result.

John.

14 hours ago, Lummox said:

Very, very nice John - lovely work and a fantastic end result. 👍

Just a minor observation - has the hull mounted MG34 had a slight ding that's bent the sight?

Paul.

Thanks for the comment Paul, and thanks for pointing out the sight. I hadn't noticed that. I just hope that it doesn't snap off when I straighten it.

John.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, edjbartos said:

That’s finished it off beautifully John, a real gem...

Ed

15 hours ago, edjbartos said:

That’s finished it off beautifully John, a real gem...

Ed

14 hours ago, vytautas said:

Beautiful work John, absolutely gorgeous!

Vytautas

I appreciate you both taking the time to comment. Many thanks.

John.

23 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Looking rather splendid John, headlamps really catch the eye. 

Really must get some carbon fibre rods now you've mentioned it too.

So... what's next???

Darryl 

20 hours ago, fatfingers said:

Aye up John,

That really is a fantastic build and finish. As Darryl @Jasper dog asks... what is next? 

Regards,

Steve

17 hours ago, diablo rsv said:

Excellent work John, looks like you have another competition winner with this one.

Wayne 

12 hours ago, Courageous said:

Nice to see this finished John. A good conversion into a lesser known vehicle, looks great. Next.

Stuart

Thanks everyone for taking the time to comment. As for what is next.......well I'm giving Shermans and Israeli A/C's a rest for a while. At least until the GB's start. I was thinking maybe an early Crusader, but the new Airfix Cromwell kept shouting at me. So armed with that and a load of left overs from the Tamiya kits I(t needs them), it will be a Cromwell, just not sure which mark. I've done a Mk.lVF, a Mk.Vl and a MkVllw. I'm toying with the idea of another MkVl but with a different drivers hatch, or a Mk.Vw. Depends on what decals I can cobble together. I'll let you know.

John.

• Like 3