Yet another Kid returning to models after a 40 year Break!!!!

topshout

Haven't built a model from scratch for at least 40 years, until now, watched James May waxing lyrical about Airfix and the fire was lit under me!!

Even though not a drop of Liquid cement or paint has been used in anger I have accrued a large collection of about 20 New kits to make.  Also £250 worth of books and tools and various other modelling items!!  I do model railways presently in both 'N' Gauge and 'OO' Gauge with a preference for 'N' Gauge.  

I live in glorious Devon with my wife and 2 children in their own places.  Plus 6 dogs (3 x Huskies, 2x Collies and a 'mad as a hatter' brown Labrador.  Oh nearly forgot 17 African Pygmy Hedgehogs, don't ask lol.

First Build (Airfix RAF Red Arrows Gnat) starts tomorrow so wish me luck!!

Grahame

• Like 10

9 hours ago, topshout said:

about 20 New kits to make. 

Aaah, just starting on stash building then, sounds like a worthy beginning. ;) :D 

9 hours ago, topshout said:

17 African Pygmy Hedgehogs

Those I would love to see. :) Welcome to the mad house, I'll look forward to seeing some of your work.

Steve.

Welcome Grahame. Many of us are returnees to the hobby, as you can imagine. Mrs.Q and I now live in retirement and empty nest, so now that Adult Life is out of the way, I can be a big kid again. Brilliant.

Look forward to seeing your Gnat. 

Q

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dov said:

Lovely! I like them!

Are they easy to care? Or quite complicated?

Sincerely

Happy modelling

They are fairly easy to care for and the missus is a registered breeder with the UK African Pygmy club.

She spends at least an hour a night cleaning and feeding.  That's more than she ever does for me lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1