Irish Argosy

This has been hanging about for a bit not for the want of finishing but too many distractions. It is the Micro Mir 1-144th kit with kit decals which were fine. It took a little fettling here and there but not enough to put me off building an EAF one some time.

DSCF4819

DSCF4821

DSCF4824

DSCF4798

DSCF4794

DSCF4797

DSCF4789

DSCF4786

DSCF4785

DSCF4801

DSCF4800

Hope you like it.

Keith

• Like 40

Excellent model Keith, thanks for sharing.

When I was a child in Lanarkshire I regularly saw BEA Cargo Argosies trundling past at relatively low altitude probably flying between Edinburgh and Glasgow and I've had a soft spot for the "Whistling Wheelbarrow" ever since. It really suits the Aer Turas livery which I don't think I've seen on a model before.

:goodjob:

Dave G

• Like 2

Hi

That's a great looking Argosy -  very nice.

Back in around 1974/5 I worked for a freight agent at East Midlands Airport, and would spend part of my late shift (when I should have been working on that days paper work, for air freight export) watching the ABC and Elan Aircraft flying in and loading up, in the warehouse next to ours.

Good days.

Best Regards

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skodadriver said:

Excellent model Keith, thanks for sharing.

It really suits the Aer Turas livery which I don't think I've seen on a model before.

:goodjob:

Dave G

Ditto on Dave’s comments. That’s a new one on me too. Lovely job there if I may say so. 

mind you the thread title threw me just for a minute. I thought I never knew the Irish Air Corps flew an Argosy. Silly me. Would look nice as a whiff maybe though. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mitchem said:

Rare beast there Keith. Very nice finish. :thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

I agree. Riddle used to fly the Argosy into Kelly AFB here in the states. Interesting looking airplane.

• Like 1