CRARRV BATUS

Hamden

You've got more staying power than I have Roger. That would have become a shelf queen long ago. Nice repair job with the I beam. It definitely won't show once the paint goes on.

John.

• Thanks 1

Well with Postimage playing games I have finally managed to up load some progress.

Apart from the hook and cable the Atlas crane is together with the wiring loom, hydrolic hoses and work light fitted.

IMG-0388.jpg

Front light units and front cam: net pole fittings have been added to the hull, as with the centre and rear cam: net pole fittings the front ones have been made of brass tube and brass shim. At the rear PE mud flaps have been added and the broken/short short casting of the tow eye has been repaired. The aux: winch cable end has also been been added to the winch cable end and attached to the hull top.

IMG-0383.jpg

IMG_0384.jpg

IMG_0385.jpg

IMG_0386.jpg

Thanks for looking in your time is appreciated stay safe more soon hopefully!

Roger

• Like 11

Another small update I'm afraid, first up the bazooka plates needed there lifting handles and cam: net tie downs added. As these are PE they had to be soldered into position and then the PE bolt heads for the mountings were CA'd into place.

IMG_0389.jpg

IMG_0390.jpg

After spending a fair amount of time doing the plates this happened as Dan @Dads203 suggested the hull recieved a coat of NATO green primer

IMG_0391.jpg

IMG_0392.jpg

The Atlas crane and hamper also recieved a coat of green but I for got to photograph them! A small bit of progress but some is better than none at all, next is to change the colour to the sand that is used by the BATUS fleet, this on the full sized vehicles is sprayed directly over the green so I am doing the same.

Thanks for looking in and hope that your all staying safe and well.

Roger

• Like 7

OK so Postimage has been playing up(is it just me?) so have tried ibb so lets see what happens with this update!

First off the hull has now been painted in the BATUS sand brown colour and some of the detail painting has begun

IMG-0394.jpg

IMG-0393.jpg

IMG-0395.jpg

IMG-0396.jpg

IMG-0397.jpg

Still along way to go but some light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks for taking the time to drop in your company is very much appreciated as well as your comments.

Stay safe    Roger

Edited by Hamden
photo embed code change
  • Like 8

Hi Roger,  just trying to catch up with a few missing weeks of BM and yours has really come on, looking great under paint.

I'm guessing it's going to look pretty impressive when finished, great work on a kit way beyond my comfort zone!

Atb

Darryl 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ivan-o said:

these AA kits test the patience

You can say that again!!

Thanks for the comments guys very much appreciated

Roger

• Like 1

Been doing small detail stuff like paint and attach the external fire extinguishers one front and back of the commanders cupola and a third beside the radio operators hatch, I've also printed some decals/transfers/stickers for the number plates, call sign and BATUS fleet number which have been added as well as some of the kit supplied decals/transfers/stickers, I've some more of these to add later. Main winch rope has also been fitted together with the two crow bars on the Atlas crane jib.

IMG_0401.jpg

IMG_0402.jpg

IMG_0403.jpg

IMG_0404.jpg

Hope your projects are progressing and you are all keeping well. 

Thanks for looking in stay safe

Roger

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, ivan-o said:

Where’s the green? 🤔

It's still green under the sand! From about 2008 all BATUS vehicles were painted one colour sand brown and as I was with ABRO/DSG in BATUS 2008 till 2010 I am attempting to represent a vehicle that I would have worked on in that period of time hence the change in colour.

Roger

1 hour ago, Dads203 said:

The big question is “What’s Next” ?

Probably a car 1/24 Renault 8 Gordini but also toying with the idea of doing Tamiya's Chieftain as a range wreck, saves correcting all the faults and inaccuracies with the kit. Thanks for the comments

Stay safe       Roger 

• Like 2