1/72 Lockheed P-38J Lightning, Academy+Quickboost

That's bright for sure.

I particularly don't feel these aircraft would be that shinny during war time, but it's my personal taste.

Your work as usual is outstanding. Can you please explain more about the molotow colors? Is that the pen ink? Did you airbrush it?

Cheers

Paulo

8 minutes ago, ArmouredSprue said:

That's bright for sure.

I particularly don't feel these aircraft would be that shinny during war time, but it's my personal taste.

Your work as usual is outstanding. Can you please explain more about the molotow colors? Is that the pen ink? Did you airbrush it?

Cheers

Paulo

I understand that not all aircraft of this type were polished during the war. Most likely this particular aircraft was not polished. But it was interesting to me to explore the paint "Molotow" and I was inspired by the chrome-plated P-38 who participate in the "Red Bull" airshow . I bought not the Molotov pen, but a separate paint. Poured it into the airbrush, diluted with a solvent Mr. Hobby + some drops of retarder and voila. I liked the effect, but it would be good to use another liquid from the "Testors" to save the metallic. Otherwise, this surface is spoiled by frequent touch with your fingers.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ArmouredSprue said:

That's bright for sure.

Cheers

Paulo

As Faud mentioned, you can purchase a 30 ml refill for the chrome pens. Very expensive, however($US 30)

• Like 1

Thanks Fuad and billn53!

I knew it would be the refill for Molotow pen. The effect is very nice and shinny indeed. But Fuad mentioned it is very sensitive to touch and handling.

Fuad did you use any clear coat at all? How the decal setting solutions worked on this surface.

Sorry about that many questions.

Cheers

Paulo

12 minutes ago, ArmouredSprue said:

Thanks Fuad and billn53!

I knew it would be the refill for Molotow pen. The effect is very nice and shinny indeed. But Fuad mentioned it is very sensitive to touch and handling.

Fuad did you use any clear coat at all? How the decal setting solutions worked on this surface.

No, I did not use any varnish for this surface, because any varnish kills chrome. But the decals lay fine, as the surface is very smooth. I polished the plastic for a long time before painting and therefore I did not even make the primer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1