This B-17F wa built from two wrecks.

On was a Monogram G, the other Revell's F.

I grafted the G's cheek windows onto the F's nose to make a late F.

I combined parts from the two kits to get this machine.

The model was painted with Life Color's olive drabb, faded olive drabb and light grey.

I marked the B-17 as an aeroplane from the 306th BG based at Thurleigh.

No after market decal exist for this group so I cobled together decals from spares, they represent a fictitious machine from the 306th.

B-17-1.png

B-17-2.png

B-17-3.png

B-17-4.png

B-17-5.png

B-17-6.png

Thanks for looking.

• Like 1

Looks great!

Nice to see a Fort with the Triangle 'H' on the tail. I need to do one in 368thBS, 306thBG which was the unit my father was with when he was a B17 pilot towards the end of the war.

Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

Looks great!

Nice to see a Fort with the Triangle 'H' on the tail. I need to do one in 368thBS, 306thBG which was the unit my father was with when he was a B17 pilot towards the end of the war.

Thanks for sharing.

Wow! Its great to hear from someone whos relative was a veteran from the 306th!

I live very near to Thurliegh and have wandered around the old parts of the base that are not part of the RAE on a number of occaisions.

There is a great little museum on the base now, and the 306th memorial has been relocated to the museum.

http://306bg.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage&Itemid=1

Lovely rendition of a war-weary B17, catches the look of a weary, modded, patched Fortress superbly. So nice to see the 306th represented for a change.

You do yourself a tiny bit of a diservice though as the codes and serial aren't totally fictitious as they are correct for one of the 423BS aircraft that crash-landed in Switzerland, albeit a G model (but then you already know that!). One aircraft I'd love to model is the group P51 hack. The tail code looks like 312457, as to the ones on the fuselage..?

Again, wonderful, thanks for sharing with us.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! Its great to hear from someone whos relative was a veteran from the 306th!

I live very near to Thurliegh and have wandered around the old parts of the base that are not part of the RAE on a number of occaisions.

There is a great little museum on the base now, and the 306th memorial has been relocated to the museum.

http://306bg.co.uk/i...ntpage&Itemid=1

I looked for some 306th decals at Telford over the weekend thinking maybe Warbirds or someone had issued some. But sadly not.

I found this picture taken in 1945 at Thurleigh of an Invader.

283998498.jpg

Cheers!

• Like 1

I looked for some 306th decals at Telford over the weekend thinking maybe Warbirds or someone had issued some. But sadly not.

I found this picture taken in 1945 at Thurleigh of an Invader.

283998498.jpg

Cheers!

As far as I know, no after market decals exist for the 306th.

I like the invader in 306th markings, that's new to me!

Now where's that invader kit?

that really is nice. as i look at it i can hear in my head the engines the guns and the anti aircraft fire. wonderfull rendition i really need to pull my finder out and make one of sally b for my dad. i want to watch memphis belle now

• Like 1

That's a really sharp build, I've always been interested in the F as only about half a mile from here in a spinney, a B-17F diverted to Wing Airfield due to Flak damage but didn't quite make it and crashed into the small wooded spinney next door to our farm near enough. All crew were ok, been trying to find pic's of the particular aircraft (in uncrashed form) but been very tricky.

• Like 1