Revell Halifax

I built this from test shots that Revell sent me before release of the kit, I am not a Halifax expert so would not know of the problems about the accuracy, until I read some comments on here, but to my tired old eyes it looks like a Halifax to me so thank you Revell for making such a lovely moulded kit even if it is the "worst in the world".

halifax-1.jpg

halifax-2.jpg

halifax-3.jpg

Ted

Ted - the first thing I thought when I saw the BM review of the kit was "I might just try that". Then it got knocked around for the inaccuracy issues and I decided I wouldn't bother. It's nice to see a top modeller shrug his shoulders and say "well it looks like an X to me"

Might just put one of these in my stash after all...

Very nicely done and an attractive scheme.

but to my tired old eyes it looks like a Halifax to me so thank you Revell for making such a lovely moulded kit even if it is the "worst in the world".

Thank God some of us still enjoy just modelling!

Al

Great looking model! I built a Revell Halifax last year, was really good fun to build with no problems of fitting etc :) Wish I'd done mine in that scheme now though! :o haha

Edited by JaseBlade

Looks lovely to me, and as is so often the way most of us would never know of these accuracy issues without it being pointed out first. By the way, is this at the London Hannants shop? It looks familiar!

I thought about getting rid of mine at first after reading the slating it got but then thought better of it and kept it to one side with the intention of doing the Coastal scheme. Now that I've seen yours it's now third in line behind my ongoing F89 and Gnat. (just got back from ops so a lot of catching up to do). Well done on you inspirational model. It looks good to me, and besides, the only people who will see mine will be family and friends. They won't be looking at any aftermarket etc.

Cheers

By the way the bus looks great!

My nearest and dearest bought me this kit for Christmas. Hope I can get mine to look as good. I won't be entering it for any competitions, just looking for some modelling fun so inaccuracies aren't an issue for me. Well done Ted. :clap2: