Convair B-58 Hustler (1/48 Monogram)

Enjoy! I did one a couple of years back in SAC camo. I put it on display at Hornchurch this year, and apparently this chap came up, looked at it and said it was 'unbuildable', so be warned.

Biggest problem was the rear fuselage join, which takes a little filler, and around the ecm fairings at the wingroot.

The pit can be a bit of a tight fit component wise, so check your dry fitting and file as necessary.

Leave the pitot off till the end!

IMGP0149_zpsa956f763.jpg

• Like 11

Very nice! I have this model in my stash also with some aftermarket decals plus some other aftermarket bits. I'm keen to build it but the amount of rescribing (which I find hard to do neatly) is putting me off. I'll enjoy following your progress with this kit! :popcorn:

Enjoy! I did one a couple of years back in SAC camo. I put it on display at Hornchurch this year, and apparently this chap came up, looked at it and said it was 'unbuildable', so be warned.

Biggest problem was the rear fuselage join, which takes a little filler, and around the ecm fairings at the wingroot.

The pit can be a bit of a tight fit component wise, so check your dry fitting and file as necessary.

Leave the pitot off till the end!

Thank you!

I know this problems.

I will try. :)

Very nice! I have this model in my stash also with some aftermarket decals plus some other aftermarket bits. I'm keen to build it but the amount of rescribing (which I find hard to do neatly) is putting me off. I'll enjoy following your progress with this kit! :popcorn:

Thank you!

• Like 1

Unbuildable, eh? I beg to differ as well!

One of my favourite ever kits and the most satisfying build I've done to date. Wish you all the best with it, great choice to go with a shiny prototype.

Edited by Brokenedge
  • Like 1

Nice detail work :goodjob: got to love the B-58,

Guy

• Like 1