Cheers Darren, I should be better at faces, more practice required :banghead:

Anyway the commander gets some paint, slightly better on the face.

CIMG4881_zps2c57nzhp.jpg

CIMG4880_zpstpxewv1x.jpg

CIMG4882_zps66rrei9s.jpg

CIMG4878_zps5gejjqzs.jpg

Just the driver to get done, Mic's and leads will be done later once I've done all the heads.

Dan

• Like 6

Fantastic, the flesh tones are so good. Picture that outside with a good perspective background you would think it was the real thing!

Dan the IRR green paint is looking great what paint mix/ratios are you using to blend it?

Fantastic, the flesh tones are so good. Picture that outside with a good perspective background you would think it was the real thing!

Dan the IRR green paint is looking great what paint mix/ratios are you using to blend it?

Cheers Wogga, the paint mix was about 50/50 with the greens and I then added the deck tan by eye to give the fading effect that I was after.

Dan

Very effective faces, adds a huge amount to the overall look of the thing. I always have some issues with painting faces in 1:35 - I tend to use oils as they are easier to blend and give time to manipulate, but seldome get soemthing I'm 100% happy with. However, you've done an excellent job there.

Very effective faces, adds a huge amount to the overall look of the thing. I always have some issues with painting faces in 1:35 - I tend to use oils as they are easier to blend and give time to manipulate, but seldome get soemthing I'm 100% happy with. However, you've done an excellent job there.

Cheers Kallisti, I started out using oils but now I'm convinced that acrylics are the way to go, they take some time in getting used too but

Now I wouldn't go back to using oils. I found that a wet pallet and some drying inhibitor works very well allowing you to thin and blend for longer times. I've always stayed away from adding figures in the past but now I really enjoy the painting aspect, mind you DPM was always a nemesis but I think these guys look good.

Dan

• Like 1

Here is the set I use for flesh tones. Its a great set and with a bit of practice can be done well.

CIMG4910_zpsptzgbury.jpg

My wet pallet, just an old ice cream lid with some kitchen towel placed on the bottom at moistened with distilled water. This one is clean now as I changed the towel yesterday, the orange lid is to mix small amounts

of the flesh paints before transferring to the pallet. the idea of the pallet is to keep the paint workable for long periods of time, Acrylics dry very fast but this will slow down drying time. It also makes the paint easier to blend.

Almost like oils.

CIMG4911_zps6xm4awr6.jpg

Cheers

Dan

• Like 2

Interesting - I usually use Tamiya acrylics which dry VERY quickly and are useless for this sort of work. I'm at Cosford tomorrow so I may keep an eye out for this set...

Interesting - I usually use Tamiya acrylics which dry VERY quickly and are useless for this sort of work. I'm at Cosford tomorrow so I may keep an eye out for this set...

Tamiya are only good for airbrushing fella, I've had some luck with using this stuff to help

but I'll only use Vallejo for brush painting as a rule.

CIMG4914_zps6axvvjdy.jpg

I bought this stuff a while ago from Luckymodel just to try it, it does work but its just easier to use AK or Vallejo paints for brush painting.

Dan

Thank you all very much for the kind words fellas,

As for a diorama, I'm not sure yet tbh. Still trying to think up something at the moment

that my abilities can cope with, it will probably be smallish though involving grass and bushes.

As for beer, never on the outside, the Badge would have a head fit if he spied ale on the roof of a wagon,

inside, hell yeah ! Also it wouldn't of lasted long on the outside, someone would prof it sharpish !

I've just knocked out a MK6 Kevlar lid just to see how it looks, will add it to the wagon at some point

but I'm thinking of adding a set of webbing to the front decks or wrapped around the wing mirrors.

CIMG4928_zpsdqqoup2n.jpg

CIMG4927_zpsd7weqyj6.jpg

CIMG4926_zpsazd29ord.jpg

CIMG4925_zpso9e03kco.jpg

Looks better in real life than the photos but it will need a bit more work yet.

Dan

• Like 2

Thank you all very much for the kind words fellas,

As for a diorama, I'm not sure yet tbh. Still trying to think up something at the moment

that my abilities can cope with, it will probably be smallish though involving grass and bushes.

Dan

Could I offer a suggestion: how about depicting an engineer guiding it onto one of Accurate Armour's DROPS Flatracks or into their 20 foot ISO container - I'm sure I've seen pictures of the army's CVRT family being transported in shipping containers.

• Like 1