Identify this aircraft carrier

Yep, Vikrant it is.

Originally built as HMS Hercules, but never commissioned due to ending of WW2. Eventually completed for the Indian Navy in 1957 as INS Vikrant. The ski-jump ramp was added in the 1980's

Incidently, with a bit of additional scratchbuilding, this ship could be built using the Heller 1:400 "Arromanches/Colossus" kit as it is of the same class.

I have taken some other close up shots and these will find their way into the Walkaround (maritime) section in due course.

Mike

Just for info - INS VIraat (ex-HMS Hermes) was alongside to our left.

I couldn't get any decent shots due to the buildings and other ships but here are some photos I managed to get.

dscf0307r_ins_Viraat_at_Mumbai_06-10-201

dscf0350r_ins_Viraat_at_Mumbai_06-10-201

dscf0610r_ins_Viraat_at_Mumbai_06-10-201

dscf0621r_ins_Viraat_at_Mumbai_06-10-201

You got to photograph Vikrant! You lucky, lucky sod!

Martin

Hi Martin,

send me a pm with your email addy and I'll send you the full-res versions of the photos I took

cheers

Mike

Taken at Mumbai. The cruise ship I was on was docked at the new Cruise Terminal, which is just outside the naval dockyard wall.

Here are some views taken from the top deck of our ship.

Mike

dscf0319r_F22_Ganga_&_F20_Godavari_Mumba

dscf0320r_K40_Navy_at_Mumbai_06-10-2013.

dscf0325r_F44_INS_Tabar_at_Mumbai_06-10-

dscf0326r_F50_Tarkash_&_F44_Tabar_Mumbai

dscf0329r_F45_INS_Teg_&_D63_at_Mumbai_06

dscf0347r_F43_Navy_&_Pushka_at_Mumbai_06

dscf0348r_F50_INS_Tarkash_at_Mumbai_06-1

Someone like to send these pictures to Mr Camron and ask if the aid we send to India would have been better spent getting our carriers up and running

Colin now getting down off his politcal high horse and heading for cover :winkgrin:

Go find someone else's forum to ruin a perfectly enjoyable thread about things we see; with perhaps the opportunity build as a model. :jump_fire:

Unwanted, banal (or is it anal) comments like these make me wonder why I bother to process the images I take; resizing, filename changing, uploading to a storage facility, posting here and then monitoring to see if I can add further info/help. Might as well not bother.

Mike