Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

VG 33

Members
  • Content count

    1,025
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

VG 33 last won the day on January 14 2014

VG 33 had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

984 Excellent

About VG 33

Contact Methods

  • ICQ
    0

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Champagne

Recent Profile Visitors

1,719 profile views
  1. You have built so many nice kits recently Roman. I hope to see some of them next year at Mosonmagyarovar. Patrick
  2. Very nice for a very tired aircraft. Patrick
  3. Hi This is a very interesting and detailed subject. I will follow till the end. Patrick
  4. Actually I do not know and some could have been dark green so... On the picture we cannot see the propeller anyway. Patrick
  5. Yes Valery and probably the best defender of our former Kingdom. Patrick
  6. Hi Libor This is really nice and mine is still waiting on the shelf. Cheers Patrick
  7. Hello I have just finished in time this 1/72 Special Hobby Boulton-Paul Balliol as the factory demonstrator aicraft #G-ANSF in a nice red and white dress for the "Made in Britain" GB. The red came from acrylic range Gunze Sangyo H-33 Russet which is not visible on the pictures. You can go to work in progress here : Patrick
  8. Hello Here is my new finished kit with this 1/72 Special Hobby Nakajima Ki-43-III when used by the Armée de l'air (French Air Force) in Indochina between December 1945 and February 1946. The GC I/7 Provence stationed at Po Chen Tong near Phnom Penh when they used less than a dozen former Japanese Army Air Force Nakajima fighters. There were many accidents and after a couple of months they were replaced by Supermarine Spitfire Mk IX, and this is another story. The kit is easy to assemble. For the very worn effect I painted first the kit with Alclad Duralumin. Next I applied with a piece of sponge some masking fluid before airbrushing the dark green. After one hour I peeled off the paint with the finger. I made the same for the yellow identification markings. I saw on the pictures that the metal blades of the propeller were in perfect conditions. The transfers came from two sheets on the subject by Printscale. I say two because the transfers are too thin and after the first I could see the mottle effect through the white and red transfers. Then I bought another sheet to put exactly a second layer of the same transfers. Patrick
  9. Gallery

    1/72 Special Hobby Boulton-Paul Balliol T.2 "G-ANSF" Factory demonstrator , Farnborough 1954
  10. Hi Just before the end tomorrow and the gap between the canopy and the fuselage. For the next one I will sand inside with an angle to get a flusher joint. Patrick
  11. I will do but in bright red this is less visible Patrick
  12. Hi David This is the first layer of decals. Patrick
  13. Hi Rick Yes, the canopy is not easy to fit and there is still a gap on the side. That is why a picture from above is better. I should sand more for the next Balliol one day. Patrick
  14. Hello I am near the end on this project. The aircraft is ready to paint : First the edges in white and the walking areas in matt black : Next the dark red up to the back of the cockpit because the canopy will extend over this area in red : The canopy with a black layer to simulate the inside color : And finaly overall in red with the outside of the undercarriage doors from the metal fret : Cheers. Patrick
×