Kinetic C-2A Greyhound decals

Bomber_Harris

i'd just like kinetic to scale this one down to 1/72 and i'll be very happy!

what's it like?

To be honest I haven't had a chance to have a proper look at it yet, but through the plastic bags it looks great, lots of detail, and a lot of plastic for your money. I am guessing that it shares a lot of parts with their Hawkeye kit. Can't comment on the accuracy or shape because I'm definitely not an expert, and to be honest it really doesn't matter to me.

C-2 Greyhound

How about that one?

Stephen

That's a great looking Greyhound, to be honest I wasn't even looking for anything that extravagant. I saw one of these at Oceana last month and fancy making the one I've seen, which is from the same squadron as the one you've linked to "Rawhides".

DSC08317.jpg

I can see them doing a Rawhides sheet with both schemes on. Well hopefully anyway

Rich

• 2 months later...
Caracal Models will be releasing a 1/48 C-2 Greyhound sheet with three VRC-40 Rawhides (including the colorful 50th anniversary scheme) and one VRC-30 Det 5 options. Estimated release date is mid-February.

http://www.caracalmodels.com/cd48012.html

Could these markings be reduced to 1/72nd scale?

Edited by Greg B
removed duplicate pictures

Could these markings be reduced to 1/72nd scale?

Probably not until Kinetic releases a C-2 in the 1/72 scale or someone else decides to do a mainstream injected 1/72 C-2 kit. The economics of silkscreen decals simply does not work for limited run resin kits like the RVHP Greyhounds.

Edited by CaracalModels

I will post images of the sheets and a pre-order link a couple weeks before the decals are available. On a different note, I would like to cover some RAF/RN subjects in my future sheets. My MQ-9 Reaper and T-6/CT-156 sheets have been very popular in the UK; and I feel like I need to return the favour: if you have any suggestions and references, send them my way at "info AT caracalmodels.com". Thanks!

Edited by CaracalModels

Probably not until Kinetic releases a C-2 in the 1/72 scale or someone else decides to do a mainstream injected 1/72 C-2 kit. The economics of silkscreen decals simply does not work for limited run resin kits like the RVHP Greyhounds.

That is the problem as I have a RVHP conversion kit with no decals to go with it.