What are reputation, badges, and warning?

This has probably been explained somewhere before but I can't find it ( a search for reputation gives zero results.) So maybe worthwhile giving a rundown in the FAQS. Cheers.

Edited by Billos
spellng errrs
  • Like 3

I’ve just clicked ‘like’ on this post, so you should now have a score of ‘1’ in your ‘reputation’. 

By no means a full answer I understand but it’s a start.

👍

As for warnings; the site moderators give these out very occasionally, but really - unless you go out of your way to upset someone by insulting them or swearing or making a political diatribe - in my experience at least, it just won’t happen. 

As I understand it, If you get too many warnings or say something really ‘over the top’ you might get suspended or even banned. But these occurrences are very rare.

If you have a really high reputation score I think it earns you….

absolutely nothing…

except the satisfaction that someone somewhere reads your stuff and enjoys it.

That’s my understanding anyway! I hope that answers some of your queries.

Welcome aboard! 👍

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bandsaw Steve said:

If you have a really high reputation score I think it earns you….

absolutely nothing…

Well, I have experienced the number of bad-hair-days reduces by 50% with a higher reputation, police in traffic control is considerably nicer and more forgiving, and the karma counter reaches rankings one would never have seen possible just before. 

And, of course, chances are, you will be born a much more beautiful creature in next live.

That's nothing? 😇

• Haha 11

4 hours ago, Bandsaw Steve said:

As for warnings; the site moderators give these out very occasionally, but really - unless you go out of your way to upset someone by insulting them or swearing or making a political diatribe - in my experience at least, it just won’t happen. 

All of what you said is bang on Steve, but this bit could do with clarification and elucidation ;) If you get a warning, you usually get a 31 day suspension too.  Second warning gets three months, and third warning gets an infinite suspension, aka, ban.  On occasion, someone will do something bad enough to earn all three at once, so they get removed straight away.  We also don't like sock-puppet accounts, which are people sneaking back under another name, or having multiple accounts and behaving as if they're someone different.  Not only is it creepy, psychologically troubling and unnerving, but it's also underhanded and deserving of an instant ban.  If someone screws up and accidentally starts 2 accounts however, we'll just merge 'em and move on :)

As to how you get warnings, it's personal attacks, insults and swears like Steve said, and if anyone won't shut up about the usual hot topics of politics and religion, they get one too.  It's pretty simple really.  Be polite, respectful and helpful, and you won't even need to think about it :yes:

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Mike said:

creepy, psychologically troubling and unnerving, but it's also underhanded 

Stop talking about me like that or I will complain to the mods! 😡

• Haha 11

10 hours ago, Pig of the Week said:

So Phil Daniels will come round on a lambretta and duff him up eh.... 

Just don't make Luigi get involved. Trust me on dis, you don't want Luigi to get involved.

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, Pig of the Week said:

So Phil Daniels will come round on a lambretta and duff him up eh.... 

If he's coming on a Lambretta he'll probably breakdown on the way there, so no need to panic 🤣

• Haha 5

On 3/20/2024 at 12:27 AM, flyboy2610 said:

Just don't make Luigi get involved. Trust me on dis, you don't want Luigi to get involved.

Well, it's either that or the Piranha brothers. You don't want Dougs sarcasm.

Cheers,

Spiny Norman (mrs.)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Hook said:

Well, it's either that or the Piranha brothers. You don't want Dougs sarcasm.

Cheers,

Spiny Norman (mrs.)

I've known grown men to pull their own heads off rather than have to go see Doug!

• Haha 2

On 23/03/2024 at 03:28, Robin-42 said:

I noticed “frozen” on quite a few older threads. What does it mean?

People who have asked for their accounts to be frozen

6 hours ago, Julien said:

People who have asked for their accounts to be frozen

Weird, why not just not post? But it’s the internet, what doesn’t make sense , makes sense. Oh well, back to plastic worrying.