Cromwell Mk. VI

Progressing well .... I like the bolt solution (noted for my build!) 

Keith 😁 

• Like 1

Nice work Stuart.

Presumably you're going to spray it all? I can't wrap my head around building without painting the hidden bits as you go.

A 1/35 tank (especially with a short gun) is pretty compact. Lucky it wasn't a 1/35 helicopter GB!

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AdrianMF said:

spray it all

Indeed. I have been informed that it was not usual to remove anything before a paint job except as part of a refit.

I'm not a lover of helo's in any scale...

Stuart

• Like 1

Well what a surprise to find you building a proper scale AFV, and what a great job you are doing thus far.

This one looks like a good kit. I've heard lots of good about it and some nit picking, but generally a good representation of a very important tank.

Looking forward to seeing this one progress, and don't forget, although I am aware of your space constraints, 1/35 "smaller" tanks like the Light Tank Mk VI, don't take up too much space ........... just saying :giggle:

Carry on sir!

Terry

PS We'll make a Tank Museum Modeller of you yet. 

PPS Meant to ask, which version from the instructions, A or B?

@Terry1954 Terry, Terry, Terry, where have you been, have missed you dulcet tones :coolio:?

I'm very surprised to the quality of this kit. My only gripe is the missing bolts to the shell ejector port, they're on the MG mantel.

1/35, been there, done that but as you know, display/storage is an issue, so you're stuck with 1/72-1/76. a 1/35 A Mk. VI would only be on the cards if it was another club GB.

A tank museum modeller... in 1/72-1/76 :yes:

For no particular reason, I've selected the A version copula but the schemes don't reflect any preference. Is it a date early/late thing?

Stuart

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Strolling along...

20240312-104647.avif

Everything has been primed with my go to Halfords primer. Painted with Tamiya XF-51 Khaki Drab. Tracks and wheel rubber painted with AK 3G German Grey.

20240312-104907.jpg

Before I can put the black pattern on the Cromwell, I need to fit the drivers hatches but first I need paint these dudes up. Not exactly wearing the right gear for 1944(?) but they're going to have to do for this job.

Stuart

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Good progress

Cheers John. The resin figures I got from here. 3 bodies, 6 heads and 3 pairs of arms needed. Needed very little clean up needed.

Stuart

• Thanks 1

Figures...

20240313-222349.avif

I am no way a figure painter but painted these dudes up using Vallejo paints and then gave them a brown wash. A fair bit of artistic license here, sorry.

20240313-223545.avif

Driver in his hole and his hatches battened down. Looks like he's sitting to far forward but it was a job trying to get him in the right place before the glue sets. Next step, the black camo.

Stuart

• Like 9

Nice figure work Stuart this is really coming together well!

Stay safe            Roger

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Those figures have come up pretty good and will certainly bring the tank to life a bit.

Looking forward to seeing this one come along. I do like a 1/35 AFV!

T.

• Thanks 1