Sherman M4A3 with a lot of rocketlaunchers *finished*

8 hours ago, Longbow said:

Wow, that was quick lol
Looks great though. 
Very different from a regular Sherman. 

Still a lot of scratchbuilding to do. I need to make firing cables to connect to the tubes and run them into the turret.

1000019466.jpg

Also i noticed in photo's that the beams were attached to the turret with 2 struts not one.

1000019467.jpg

So i need to see if i can fix that. I also want to add a grabrail on the turret side and i need to make the stowage. I have to make an extra armourplate to go on the side of the hull on the drivers side. 

On the tracks side of things i've decided to go with the kit tracks. They look decent and from what i know, sherman tracks didn't have any sag so these rubber tracks should work. 

• Like 4

So today i finished all the scratchbuilding, modifying and butchering. 

I made 2 extra beams to connect the rocketlauncher to the turret.

1000019482.jpg

I made all the wiring. 

1000019483.jpg

And added the extra armour plate on the driverside.

And then it was time for stowage. 'Bring out the epoxy putty' 

1000019487.jpg

1000019486.jpg

1000019485.jpg

When the tarps have dried out i can take the whole thing apart and start priming. 

• Like 13

3 hours ago, Keeff said:

Now that's impressive! 👌

Keith 😁 

Thanks! I must say this whole build is fighting me a little bit. Struggeling with the build itself was one thing but now i'm fighting my airbrush..... 

Sometimes you just have a build on your hands where you just don't get in the flow.... 

So, tomorow is a new day and we will see what we can do about it. 

• Like 1

I wouldn't have guesssed you've struggled with the build. 

Hope you get the airbrush sorted .... like you say, tomorrow is a new day and you'll have fresh eyes. 

Keith 😁 

• Like 1

Not been very buisy last couple of days due to the flu. Been feeling under the weather and could not motivate myself to do some work on the Sherman. Today however i started the weathering process. Nothing fancy just some oilfilters, some grease and grime. 

I also started on the base for the vignette. 

1000019496.jpg

1000019497.jpg

1000019499.jpg

1000019500.jpg

1000019502.jpg

1000019591.jpg

Still need to do a bit more detailpainting and once i decided on the color tones of the base i can continue the weathering on the tank. 

• Like 12

Nice work Maddoxx .... and I hope you're feeling better now. 

I like the base .... very simple 👌 

Keith 😁 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Keeff said:

Nice work Maddoxx .... and I hope you're feeling better now. 

I like the base .... very simple 👌 

Keith 😁 

8 hours ago, Stef N. said:

That's cool. Nice work.👍

And I echo Keith in wishing you good health.

8 hours ago, SimonL said:

Nice work. Hope you are recovering well from the lurgy.

Thanks guys. I'm back in the land of the living however my wife is not so now i'm quite busy looking after her. 

• Like 2

Glad you're feeling better and hope your wife soon recovers

Sherman is looking very good, nice work

Stay safe          Roger

• Thanks 1

Just catching up with this lightning build. I've seen a few good ones of these built, and yours is up there with the best of them. Nice work Maddoxx, and I wish Mrs. M well too.

John.

• Thanks 1

• Maddoxx77 changed the title to Sherman M4A3 with a lot of rocketlaunchers *finished*

Thank you all for the get well wishes! 

I'm calling this build finished. I'll make a topic in the RFI section.

This build proved to be a struggle. The kit itself isn't the best due to all sortsof oddities in the parts numbers. Also the fit was poor in some places. What threw me off the most however was the poor detail in regards to the real thing. I had to do alot of scratch building to make it look somewhat decent. I also made mistakes with the base. All that resulting in losing my mojo with this build. So, i kept it simple. I didn't want to shelf the model but i also didn't want to spend too much time on it.

Coming from a build high with the Sturer Emil this was a bit of a letdown. Still, i've learned new things so it's not all bad. I think in the end, considering the circumstances, it turned out decent.

Thank you all for taking the time and following along, commenting and helping ( @Kingsman with your exeptional knowledge ) 

On to the next one. Got a fun project arriving this afternoon that will prove to be quite different from what i normaly build. 

• Like 1

19th to 29th January to produce a terrific build like this that has gone together so well!

Looking forward to the next one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Glad that you're feeling better but sorry you've fallen out of love with your Sherman.

A great build and finish of an unusual subject looking forward to the next project now!

Stay safe              Roger 

• Thanks 1