F-14A Tomcat, Monogram 1/48

This is one of my latest builds, the old Monogram F-14A. I have always really liked the old VF-1 markings, so I used a set of Hungarian Armour decals for these. I bought this kit second hand and it was quite a challenging build. Some parts were warped pretty badly. Shapewise, I think it is a good kit, like most of the Monograms. It really looks like a Tomcat. I hope you like the pics. 

Kind regards,

Gerben

Tomcat4

Tomcat3

Tomcat1

Tomcat2

• Like 46
  • Thanks 2

My first Tomcat build was the original 1/72 Hasegawa kit, in Wolfpack markings, so I have a soft place in my heart for this scheme. Thanks for sharing, you've done a great job with this old Monogram kit.

• Like 1

Fantastic Tomcat!  I love the old Monogram kit and have built probably five in my time. I never thought of it before but the red stripe is a great way to hide the kit's terrible horizontal join around the air intake. You masked it perfectly.  Well done. :)   

1 hour ago, Tomcat101 said:

Fantastic Tomcat!  I love the old Monogram kit and have built probably five in my time. I never thought of it before but the red stripe is a great way to hide the kit's terrible horizontal join around the air intake. You masked it perfectly.  Well done. :)   

Thanx! And you're absolute right about the horizontal join!