Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Bas Hermsen

Members
  • Content Count

    41
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

101 Excellent

About Bas Hermsen

  • Rank
    Newbie

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Netherlands

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Lovely job. Very precise and clean, I like it!
  2. This is an early J type Wal and the type I am building. I also want to try to imitate the dents and profile on the sides of the hull. Many pictures can be found on the site of the Nimh-beeldbank.defensie.
  3. Thanks for the info Roger. The Amodel kit is ok, but not that great. It also has its errors. If you have the choice, I would definitely choose the Amodel model and not the Huma version. But I still had this model in stock and I like a challenge. We will see. Some more progress. The nose is a bit further designed to the J version. It is all still roughly set up, but for now this is enough to get started with the interior.
  4. I have already partly adjusted the wing and fuselage. I will come back to the hull later. I made the wing from the top wing and made an underside for it myself. The underside of the wing in the kit is too thick and does not have the correct shape. I applied the Moa technique by pressing the ribs through on 0.25 mm thick evergreen plate with a ballpoint pen. I glued this plate onto a plate of 0.25 mm evergreen plate and reinforced it with various strips. All this glued together and the wing has the right shape. Now just widen a part so that the correct wingspan is reached.
  5. Hi guys, I hope you are all ok. The holiday has started and that in these strange times of Covid. Despite the warm weather I feel like starting a new project. I think it has become a somewhat unknown aircraft for you, but a familiar appearance for the Dutch model builder. It was the workhorse of the MLD in the Dutch East Indies and served for many years until the war in 1940. It became the Huma kit, but after studying the photos I soon found out that the model actually had to be completely adjusted and rebuild. Some more updates will follow soon.
  6. The saga continues. I have start to detail the roof of the hangardeck. Also the basic shape of the flightdeck is done. I have also ordered some more pe and vehicles: - Brengun PE tie downs for the hangardeck and flightdeck. About 1200 pieces so that should be enough - Fujimi flight deck crew with the MD-3 mule. The mule will be super detailed and corrected according the plans and photos I have found on the net. - Verlinden tow bars - Verlinden fire engine
  7. I have made a start with the compartments of the gallerydeck.
×
×
  • Create New...